icon

window module for alarm system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigbuffs 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2 door '00 GP with an easy car alarm in it and I want to add a window module. I see a lot of universal ones on ebay but I want to make sure I get one that is good. Also I want to wire it up to the sunroof. Many of the modules say they work for the sunroof but I'm wondering if I need to buy a separate module for the sunroof. Can anyone help me out here? Could I just get a 4 door model and hook one of those up to the sunroof?
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Usually if you want independent control of the sunroof then you will need a separate unit.
The "4" window models, will actually only do 2 windows up and down, or all 4 windows in 1 direction. So if you are wanting control up and down for both windows, and control of the sunroof, you will need 2 modules.
frans-c 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
Try the Directed 530T (two windows up and down, with added one-touch functionality) and the Directed 529T for your sunroof.
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
320 000 km / 199 000 miles
Full MB Service History

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic