the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

8v output 7v input 4v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamzter 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
My Eclipse HU has 8v out to 7v in on my Memphis Audio Electronic Crossover. From the EC it goes into my MTX amplifiers.
Could the 8v out on the HU cause my Audio System to amplify Engine noise/Alternator rev.
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
1991 Infiniti G20 w/JDM SR20DE
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Optima Red Top in the Trunk
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
No, quite the opposite... BECAUSE of the higher output voltage, the noise is actually FAR lower than the background noise, thus pushing the noise further down. I am not saing the dack CAN'T be causing the noise, but with the Eclipse units, I would almost bet that it is an issue elsewhere.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
hamzter 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
No, quite the opposite... BECAUSE of the higher output voltage, the noise is actually FAR lower than the background noise, thus pushing the noise further down. I am not saing the dack CAN'T be causing the noise, but with the Eclipse units, I would almost bet that it is an issue elsewhere.
8v output 7v input  4v -- posted image.
grounding issue... I wish.
ok, I hope it's not the headunit. Gain all they way down on the amp still noise...
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt it's the HU i had the noise problem before with a lower preout voltage. but now with my 8v it's excellent.
Shaking The Neighborhood
hamzter 
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Aruman wrote:
I doubt it's the HU i had the noise problem before with a lower preout voltage. but now with my 8v it's excellent.
Eclipse TS told me it could be the Gain on my 7V Memphis Audio Electronic Crossover. What is the likelihood my MTX Thunder 684 is damaged and needs to be replaced? I know my output is acting strange, ie right channel cuts out and what not.
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 5:56 AM / IP Logged  
Use a DVM and check the resistance from the deck chassis to the amp ground terminal with the system on but turned all the way down. Then check the resistance from the deck chassis to the Xover ground with the system still all the way down. Next chack the resistance between the deck chassis and a solid bare ground point in the kick panel of the vehicle. If any of these measurements are larger than 1 ohm you have a ground differential problem. Last but not least take an RCA and cut it and short the ground and the positive (signal) and plug it into the amp with nothing ells attached to the input. If you still hear noise from that channel the problem is in your amp.
hamzter 
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
speakermakers wrote:
...Last but not least take an RCA and cut it and short the ground and the positive (signal) and plug it into the amp with nothing ells attached to the input. If you still hear noise from that channel the problem is in your amp.
Sorry for my ignorance, but will doing this kill my amp? Also why can't I just short the cable without having to cut it?
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
speakermakers 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
no
hamzter 
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help...
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic