icon

2004 mitsubishi eclipse infinity amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spockf4 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

My son has a 2004 mitsubishi eclipse with the factory installed infinity radio/cd head.  We are about to embark on the install of a kenwood KAC-8152D amp with 2 polk audio db104 subs.  As he is new to car audio, and I am just old, we need a bit of help.  The question:  The infinity system has a factory amp under the passenger front seat,  I want to tap into the rear speaker outputs at the connector to the amp and run speaker wire back to  the speaker level inputs on the amp.  Will this work?  If i understand correctly you can't run an amplified signal to another amplifier, but the outputs from the factory amp to the factory speakers are just speaker level signals right?  So it is ok to tap into the factory speaker outputs from the factory amp and run them to the speaker level inputs on the new amp to drive the subs...right?  Hope this is a little clearer than mud.  Thanks for the help.

Ken

wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Radio 12v
      RED / white
      +
      radio harness

Radio Ground      (chassis)                  
Radio Ignition      WHITE/ black       +       radio harness      
Radio Illumination      GREEN / WHITE       +       radio harness      
Factory Amp Turn-on      N/A                  
Power Antenna      pink       +       radio harness      
LF Speaker +/-      WHITE/ blue - BLACK/ blue       +,-      radio harness or amp under pass seat     
RF Speaker +/-      WHITE/ red - BLACK/ red       +,-      radio harness or amp under pass seat     
LR Speaker +/-      yellow/blue - gray/blue       +,-      radio harness or amp under pass seat     
RR Speaker +/-      yellow/red - gray/red       +,-      radio harness or amp under pass seat
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
3rd gen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
spockf4 wrote:

My son has a 2004 mitsubishi eclipse with the factory installed infinity radio/cd head. We are about to embark on the install of a kenwood KAC-8152D amp with 2 polk audio db104 subs. As he is new to car audio, and I am just old, we need a bit of help. The question: The infinity system has a factory amp under the passenger front seat, I want to tap into the rear speaker outputs at the connector to the amp and run speaker wire back to the speaker level inputs on the amp. Will this work? If i understand correctly you can't run an amplified signal to another amplifier, but the outputs from the factory amp to the factory speakers are just speaker level signals right? So it is ok to tap into the factory speaker outputs from the factory amp and run them to the speaker level inputs on the new amp to drive the subs...right? Hope this is a little clearer than mud. Thanks for the help.

Ken

Ken I used to own a similar Eclipse, but totaled it a couple weeks ago, but I can definitely help.
The speaker level inputs on the amp are just that, speaker level. They are designed to take an amplified signal (whether it be from the HU, or from the crappy infinity amp). Most speaker, or high level, inputs have a max input wattage which is stated in the manual, but the infinity amp only puts out about 15W RMS per channel, so you should be fine.
If you have any other questions or want to learn about anything else on your car, head on over to www.club3g.com. It is a great forum for anything relating to the 3rd Gen eclipse.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic