the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

power and ground to the battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamzter 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone tell me if running power and ground to the battery will get rid of engine noise?
I found part one of my noise problems. Crossover was within the vicinity of power to the trunk.
but it is not completely gone. I still have power to the headunit in the harness. I am tempted to run it where the battery is but if it will not work why bother?
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
1991 Infiniti G20 w/JDM SR20DE
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Optima Red Top in the Trunk
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
You'll gain little, if anything. Too much work, for too little potential payoff, IMO.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
dtpaudio 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

I'd start off by isolating all of my wires. Are your rca's and power wires run close to each other? If they must be, try crossing them at a 90 degree angle. Next, I"d check my ground or possibly add a ground-loop isolator. Good luck.

Be loud,be obnoxious,man up, and bounce with a legend.
pendulum 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Check to see if your RCA's are being pinched. I recently helped a friend do his first install, on his own 99 Camaro. As he was re-assembling the panels after running the RCA's he said "I hope one of these screws doesn't poke any of these wires" and shazam, we had a gnarly alternator whine problem. panel screw going through RCA's, into vehicle body...
1999 Toyota Camry
--
Pioneer DEH-P3700MP
Lightning Audio Strike S4.15.VC2
Lightning Audio Strike S4.500.1
Majestic 6.5"
hustlin247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
in my experience if the obvious solution of getting your RCA's away from your power cables does not work then you have a weak ground.
I avoid ground cables that are longer than 18 inches and I try to use bigger gauge than the power cable.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic