< Prev Topic Next Topic >
natethegreat11 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 4.2L Chevy Trailblazer
And an 10.5 Clifford Matrix Alarm
I've got a several of questions:
1. Where are the parking light(s) wire located? The wire diagram says   its a brown wire @ the LRear Fuse Box, I see brown wires, but there are at least 6 of them and one fat one. Right now I've tapped into the fat one and my relay (when I turn the ignition on) starts making a clicking noise.
2. I've got the 457G Module to control my lock/unlocked doors.
Ive got it wired so that the 457 Module has the Light Green (Lock) wire and Blue (Unlock)connects to my White Black (Lock #87A Normally Closed) and Violet (Unlock #87 Normally Open Input). The rest of my Clifford door lock harness is not in use. Is this wired correctly?
3. Where do I connect my wires to gain access to the dome circuit? AKA
H1/6 Violet (+) door trigger input - Right now I have this connected the BLACK/ gray wire running down my headliner. Is that correct?
I have the 457G Harness attached to that same point as well.
Any help would be great
* I looked at some of the wiring diagrams but I can't view the GIF file...
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
First piece of advice, Meter your wires prior to hook up. Pkg lights are in a big harness under the dash brown wire, meter it. The rest of your questions someone famalir with dei will help with. Meter, meter first....
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
As mentioned earlier by xtremej you should never just hook up the wire and hope for the best.  The green wire of the 457gw connects to the negative door trigger of the alarm.  The gray/black wire of the 457gw should connect to the gray/black wire of the vehicle(this is the domelight circuit) but double check with a meter.  You mentioned that you got the locks to work so that doesn't need to be explained.  Also remember that if you decide to add a remote start to the system you may not need a bypass since the 457g can also control passlock 2(in your case) and paskey 3.  Good Luck
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry I meant to say that I can't get my door locks to work.
I get the click from my alarm brain but nothing else.
I'm having trouble connecting my 457G to my door lock harness of my alarm brain.
Ive got everything done and good on my 487, except for the blue and light green wires. (negative lock/unlock wires). I don't know where to attach these wires to my brain unit.
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Here is an update, better description of the problem.
----------------
Simply and plain, How do you wire this thing?! These are the 2 wires from the 457G I'm having problems with:
Blue and Light Green - Connect these to the negative lock/unlock outputs from your after market alarm
From my Clifford 10.5 Matrix:
Page 12
http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...301X_02-05.pdf
Where do I connect those wires to?
I have it wired right now so that:
-Violet and Violet/black go to my gray unlock motor wire in my driverside module
-WHITE/ Black go to my tan lock motor wire in my driverside module
-GREEN/ Black to my Light Green wire coming from my 457 Module
-Blue/Black to my Blue wire coming from my 457G Module
Thanks,
Nate
O and if anyone knows where the horn wire is located in a trailblazer, do tell. (I can't find it @ the BCM)
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
The violet and violet/ground go to ground.....that should fix the issue.  Remove the WHITE/ black wire from the lock motor wire and just ground the violet and violet/blak wire.  Basically the blue and green wires need to give negative outputs.  Having it wired to your motor may be positive and therefore it wont work.  Either way the motors change polarity when the locks are triggered.  As for the horn, you can get it at BCM which is attached to the fuse box under the left rear seat. Look for a wire that goes from BLACK / YELLOW to black and is a negative trigger. You would connect your light brown wire from the alarm to that.
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Allright.
Had my violet and violet/ground connected to ground
Blue to Blue/Black
Light Green to GREEN/ Black
Still didn't get anything. Checked fuses and all where good.
????
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
did you learn the 457g? also that is old stock that dei no longer even makes, it has been replaced by the 1700tg, also for the horn it is blk / YELLOW at the ignition harness,
natethegreat11 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, held down the button while I turned on ignition, It flashed rapidly. I started the engine and then it went out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic