icon

pats bypass key buzzer on constantly?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully someone knows a reason for this. I'm using a PATS bypass module that requires a key and has three wires from the box. I have them wired up correctly, but whenever i plug the connector into the bypass module the keys-in-ignition buzzer goes off, even when i don't have the keys in the ignition. Is this typical of this kind of bypass module? It is quite annoying, because every time i open the door i hear it dinging. This is on a 2005 F150 extended cab, if that helps any. I know they make other kinds of bypass modules, specifically ones that don't use a key. I already bought this one and returned it for a different and it's still doing this, so i don't think it's the module error. Thanks in advance!!!!
2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
First off, you are talking about a bypass that has no name.  What is the model of it and what wires did you connect it to.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
This sounds like the bypass is providing an output to the keysense wire at all times, and the keysense connection for your bypass may not be a required connection. As Enice has stated, if you post the exact make and model of the bypass someone here will be better able to answer your question.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, model #? I'm not sure that it has one from what i can tell. It is a black box about three inches long and two inches wide. It has a two pin connector for the loop that goes around the ignition cylinder on the steering column. It has a three pin connector that has a yellow, black, and red wire. I have my wiring diagram at work and i'm at home, so I don't have the diagram in front of me to check which wire went where. I followed the wiring diagram for my truck, so i don't think i could mess that one up. The name of the bypass is "Transmod Bypass Module" and works with Japanese, Ford, and GM Passlock III. There is a picture of it three-quarters down the page on the following website: http://members.tripod.com/alarmtek/CARALARMS.html
If you need to know what wires i connected the three to, then i can check tomorrow when i get to work. If not, let me know how i can fix this (hopefully without getting a different type bypass).
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
I cannot believe someone would by a junk system from that guy in that website you provided. HA
I would NEVER put one of them things in my $$ expensive ride doodie..... The guy looks like a child molester. Freaky
Explain what again your vehicle is doing? Its make a buzzing sound when you open the door?  Sounds like a chime module to me. Which wire did you grab for igniton? maybe your grabbed accessory. Dont forget that acc wire drops out during crank and ignition stays hot during crank. check those wires.  
Next time for a PATS system dont use a "U" (u= universal transponder box) find yourself a KEYOVERIDESL2 = no key required.
"dont ground out!"
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
dswift wrote:
I cannot believe someone would by a junk system from that guy in that website you provided. HA
I would NEVER put one of them things in my $$ expensive ride doodie..... The guy looks like a child molester. Freaky
Explain what again your vehicle is doing? Its make a buzzing sound when you open the door? Sounds like a chime module to me. Which wire did you grab for igniton? maybe your grabbed accessory. Dont forget that acc wire drops out during crank and ignition stays hot during crank. check those wires.
Next time for a PATS system dont use a "U" (u= universal transponder box) find yourself a KEYOVERIDESL2 = no key required.
LOL, yeah his site is a jumbled up mess. I was looking at the Scytek systems and he had the best price, plus he had free online support if i ran into problems (which i used quite a bit). BTW, newer F150 trucks are one of the harder vehicle to install a RS/Alarm on. Haven't messed with high end vehicles though, which i'm sure are more difficult.
Yeah it is giving me the "Key in ignition" ding. It's not a Headlights on warning, but a key in ignition warning. I can replicate it by unhooking the connector from the bypass module and putting the key in the ignition without even turning it forward. Remember, this buzzer isn't for when the key is in the accessory or ON position, but rather in the OFF position but left in the cylinder (so you don't leave your keys in your truck). Removing the connector from the module turns the warning off, so it's something in the wiring that's tripping the warning. I forgot to get the diagram from work. I'll post later on the location and wire i spliced into. Thanks for the help so far!
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
ford vehicles in general are the easiest vehicles to do a remote start in, the bypass your describing # 1 requires you to place a programed key in the box. therfore your either going to have t sacrifice 1 of your current keys or purchas a blank, uncut unprogrammed key from the dealer( about 30.00) and program it and install it in the box, and w/o seeing the install schematic, i would assume the red wire goes to powerm the black wire goes either to ground or ground when running, and the yellow may be either unused or could be =ground when running input, thereby requiring the black to be grounded, it sounds like somehow you have something tied into the key in sense wire which is blk/pink in the ignition harness, you need nothing hooked to this wire as fords do not rewuire it to be energized during remote start
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Alright fellas, here is my schematic that i put together myself in Microstation. Hopefully you can decifer what i did wrong, if anything. Hopefully the picture shows up OK. If there is nothing wrong with the schematic, you have my permission to use it anywhere at anytime (no liability on my part though). Oops, noticed there is a window in the screen. I'll remove it if anyone wants to reuse this diagram.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, won't let me edit the picture but here is the revised one. Apparently i picked the old version of the diagram.
pats bypass key buzzer on constantly? - Last Post -- posted image.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2007 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
There we go,,,,black pink wire is  the key sense.  A 556U universal bypass needs 12v,ground, and ground while running.  The immobilizer ring goes around the key cylinder.  Your immobilizer bypass is connected to the key sense wire which will trigger the buzzer.  Try disconnecting that wire and remote start the car to see if it needs it or not.  Unless you have the ground while running wire to ground all the time which may trigger it all the time.  Check with a meter and connect your red lead to 12v and the black lead to that wire.  If your car is off and no key inside the cylinder it should NOT give you a 12v read.  Although some vehicles cannot see 2 keys at once(in which case the car will lock up) you would use the key sense wire off the 556U.  Dont know what bypass your using but just disconnect that wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic