electrical problems with stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iliminouswave 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

I just tried to install my deck into a 1993 mazda 626, i have iunstalled this deck into several cars since i bought it so i know the head unit well... and im pretty knowlegable with general electricity, but my ignorance falls on cars. in order to get the head unit in the car to work i have to connect both the red and the yellow wires which i beleive translate into the constant and head unit power.

if i did not, not only would the head unit not work, but a plethora of my interior stuff wouldn't work either... for example my door ajar alarm, or the interior lights...  this i cant figure out. as i have never done an install on a mazda before. but even then this does not seem normal. 

since connecting my head unit,  my subs, and my amp (alpine 45w) the battery seems to have died and my alternator seems to be struggling to replace the loss of power. and ist a struggle to start the car, it runs fine once started. but also it resets my clock and all my settings when i turn off the car like the constant wire is not feeding it power to stay on.

the wiring diagram i looked up says that mazda dosnt use a ground with their audio systems  but there was a black wire connected to the previous headunit i removed ...  its black with a blue stripe which i have never encountered.

so i am goona fiddle and try just grounding to chassy and all that but i thought id ask aswell to get the input incase my fiddle session is a failure...

Any thoughts... or educational tips?

electricians do it till it Hz
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
+12V DC Battery(Constant)Blue/red Room fuse 15 Amp Joint box 
Switched AccessoryBlue/white Radio fuse 15 Amp Joint box 
Ground Black  
Power Antenna Lt.GREEN / WHITE  
Illumination Orange Also brown 
Left Front + Blue  
Left Front - Blue/green  
Right Front + Blue/black  
Right Front - Blue/orange  
Left Rear + GREEN/ black  
Left Rear - GREEN/ orange