icon

2008 escape hybrid audio diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bignycatx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

Just got a new 08 Escape Hybrid and had the dealer replace the factory radio with Kenwood DNX7100 GPS Nav System. I was hoping they would hook it up same as the original radio where they radio would still be on (when the key is taken out) till either a front door is opened or 10 minutes later but  the salesman said it was not possible.

Also would like to be able to dim the display with the vehicle dimmer switch and lock out control to the NAV system while the vehicle is in motion. I haven't hooked up a stereo system in a few years and I'm guessing lots has changed. ANy help ( and a diagram or two) would be appreciated.

A Essa

klutch240 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
The stereo staying on until it times out or a door is opened is a feature w/in the factory stereo itself. If you wanted to get carried away you can get universal timers and hook it in the the ignition input to the stereo, but you would have to get diodes to isolate the timed output to just the stereo(otherwise the car would continue to run until your timer shut down). In my opinion this feature is not worth the head ache and your salesman was pretty much correct.
As far as your dimmer goes.. I'm sure the installer used an adapter harness specific to your car. Usually this harness is color codes to the aftermarket wire harness. It's likely that if the dimmer option would work its already in place. You can pull the stereo and take a look to be sure they are all hooked up.
The nav lock out is usually hooked to you E-brake wire or they may have used the neutral saftey wire. Either way, the law says you must have it. Movies and such are a no no while driving. But you can go to kenwood.com and look up your unit to find the install manual. this will tell which wire is hooked to the brake. You can then cut this wire and put in a toggle switch that you can hide somewhere under the dash so that if anyone were to check that its hooked up all you have to do is flick the switch.
good luck
Klutch
bignycatx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response,  I think I'll just get to live with what I have for now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic