icon

unique whips revisited

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I get kinda teed off when I watch this year's version. The dude SOLD OUT! A JL audio  dealer " this is the best stuff" for the first three years of the show. Harmon comes in and makes a much sweeter deal and all of sudden JBL is the best stuff. Posters and pictures all over the Harmon booth at CES. So here's the question, how did Harmon's stuff get better in a year when basically the products didn't change? Can you say my deal is worth more then my customers sound quality? SELL OUT.
There is no such thing as free installation!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Money makes the world go 'round, Bob...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
same thing goes for orange county choppers. for years the snap on posters were everywhere, and poof they are gone. you give me enough money and I will sing the praises of hormel cooktail weinies all over food network...I guess it would help if I had a show there... oh well, there goes another get rich quick scheme...
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
I would be wized if I paid as much as those celebrities and only got a square mdf sub box that was built to fit and look good then to sound good which is the main goal isn't it? Their fiberglass box's aren't even fiberglass, there just cloth and fiberglass resin! If I were to be doing an install for someone at the cost Unique charges I would plot the box in a box program, build it to proper specs, if required install an ALTERNATOR, not just a cap, jeeze, properly sound dampen the whole vehicle and make sure there isn't any vibrations, plus I would set the gains and parameters with computerized equipment, not just turn the gain to half and call it set up. Man, what a joke!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
what amazes me is that people see that work and still go there. that just shows how good of a salesman Will Castro is, he can sell reading glasses to a blind man.
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2007 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
I would be wized if I paid as much as those celebrities and only got a square mdf sub box that was built to fit and look good then to sound good which is the main goal isn't it? Their fiberglass box's aren't even fiberglass, there just cloth and fiberglass resin!

And how do you think most Fiberglass boxes are built?  unique whips revisited - Last Post -- posted image.

I am not an expert but I have built a few

unique whips revisited - Last Post -- posted image.

And in every case I use an MDF frame, material and resin.

unique whips revisited - Last Post -- posted image.

In our field success is defined be our paycheck, they got me beat.

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic