icon

v561t , bypassing sensors on a v300?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DracosIgnis 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

I had a Viper 561T Valet remote start installed on my 07 Titan and then after missing the alarm features, a Viper 350 was installed.  Now, I originally requested a 560 to be installed, but the installer said that was a waste of money and by just installing the 350, it would be the correct way to take care of things.  I’m beginning to think he was being lazy and didn’t want to uninstall the 561T.  Every time I start my truck either the audio or shock sensor (according to the LED patters after disarm) is setting the alarm off if the radio is on. 

Anyways, can the sensors of the 350 be bypassed when I use remote start or am I going to have to remember to turn the radio off each time.  So much for the convenience of remote start if I have to think about it each time I get out of the truck… 

Mike

cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
either you can change the output settings of the viper to remote start or put some diodes in a way for the sensors to be bypassed using the status output of the valet.
altytruck 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

yep, sounds like the 561t needs to shunt the sensors of the 350 while remote starting. Put a diode from the blue status output of the 561t to the h1/7 blue - trigger input of the 350. Also diode from the 350 blue- trigger input to the sensor that it connects too (ex. pin switch). If the h1/7 blue input wire of the 350 is not used then no diode is needed. This will stop the all zones except door triggers from being active during the remote start cycle and will reinstate the sensors after remote start shut-down.

e

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic