viper 300 programming help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I can seem to get this alarm in valet mode .I only figured it out by accident. You have to put on the ignition and turn it off and then hold the valet switch for 10 seconds for it to be in valet mode(after opening door) . According to the manual d.e.i . gave on it's web site , it is totally different.

Now i need to program another transmitter and it just doesn't obey the instructions .

I have a hornet 725t . the instructon for the viper 300 is the same for valet mode and also all of the progamming. i tried it on the hornet  and everything works as it should.but it just doesn't work on the viper. i have the ignition wires correct , the valet switch works ,the door is kept open but still it doesn't accept programming for any feature. I can get it to go on valet using the remote but the programming is not working . any help on this would be fine. I got this alarm form a buddy of mine ....

"I'm So Loud It Hertz"
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
onyrd79 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having the exact same problem with a viper 500+. Every time I try to program I end up in valet mode. If you figure this out please let me know!!!
Thanks!!
dashrat77 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

If your door trigger and ignition are hooked up properly it should be a breeze.

It would be easier to troubleshoot if I knew what car you have, but I'll go blind.

1. Check door trigger, do you get secondary chirp a few seconds ofter arming? Yes = check trigger, connection, etc. No = Continue //// another way to check it is to open the dvr door and press button 1, 2, then 1. This will put the alarm in Valet (LED constant) but only if the door trigger is hooked up. (do it again to take it out of valet before programming)

2. Make absolutely sure you have ignition, 12V, & ground hooked up, And of course the door trigger.

3. Is the remote your trying to program the proper one? Several different models will work but the origional is a 2 button with a green LED (I think a 471 but not sure, dont quote that)

Programming= (Not in valet mode)

1. Open driver door.

2. Turn ignition on.

3. Press & release valet switch, press again and hold. Siren should chirp.

4. Press button 1 on remote, siren should make weird whooping sound.

5. Release valet switch, press again & release, press again and hold, siren chirps twice.

6. Press button 2 on remote, siren whoops.

7. Release valet, press, release, press & hold, 3 chirps from siren.

8. Press button 1 & 2 together. Siren whoops.

9. Release valet switch & turn ignition off, siren whoops one last time.

10. Your done, close the door (window down) & test.

NOTE: if there were no chirps from the siren then your not in programming mode.

This is all from memory so if I got something wrong someone correct me.

Hope this helps.

camino 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
is that a 300 esp?
if it is,you can do the valet mode with te remote,witn the door open press 1 then 2 the n 1 again,and you will have the l.e.d. on all the time.well about the programing, with te door open turn the ignition to the on position and press 8 times the vale sw.then press it one more time and hold it you will hear 8 chirp's then press the 1 on the remote you will recive another chirp now you can turn the ignition off.and there you go.this is for the 300 esp,for the rest do it like dashrat77 said.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic