icon

aux integration in 06 toyota sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r2d2sounds 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2007 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  

So there I was, minding my own business, installing a Sirius Sportster 4 in an 06 Toyota Sienna with factory aux plug. I tested the wires and ended up with brown being negative, blue being left positive and pink being right positive while the green wire was seemingly useless...Or seemed to be until I finished and the factory deck would not change to the aux source. So I started messing around(stupid me), and first found that the aux was only selectable when something was plugged in. So I messed around some more(stupider me), and found that, when I jumpered the green wire to one of the positives coming from my output of the Sportster 4, I could switch to the aux function. There I was, thinking I was the best, and then after about 30 seconds of playing. The aux plug blew up.

Has anybody else successfully integrated into the factory aux plug? Or am I shooting into the air here?

*beep rap tik beep beep*68% efficiency at 1 ohm*beep tik*
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

you have to find the resistance value on the aux plug and use a resistor from the green wire to the brown wire. use a relay to isolate the resistor from the circuit so you can still plug things into the aux plug and not change the resistance value. when you open up the plug itself there are two resistors on the board. measure them out and you can find your value from there.

git yer swerve on!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic