fog light 92 primera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
santheman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
hi
i have cut out the holes and installed my fog lamps in my nissan primera 92 auto.. got my 3 way switch and all the wire i need..
can i not just use the +12v from my battery and the chassis as my ground , rather than choppin up wires all over the place.. because knowing me once i start choppin i just can't stop lol
thanks
formula_bird 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Yes that is easiest. Make sure to fuse the positive and use the negative side to connect your switch to ground. And use a relay in the circuit!
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
Pulling power directly from the battery is fine, but you probably want the fog lights to be somewhat dependent on the ignition, the parking lights at a minimum. (to prevent leaving them on during the day and returning to a dead battery)
Feed your relay from the battery and since you are already running wires into the vehicle for the switch, you might as well feed the positive side of the switch off an ignition wire so that you can only turn the foglamps on while the ignition is on. If you need help figuring this out let me know.
RELAY:
30 - 12v from battery (Fused of course)
87 - Output to foglamps
85 - Ground
86 - 12v from Switch
Illuminated Swtich:
Input - 12v Ign Wire
Output - Terminal 86 on relay
Light - Gnd
This way you can only energize the relay with the ignition on. If you want to use something else, parking light, headlight, etc... then check the polarity of that wire and adjust relay terminal 85/86 accordingly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic