icon

amp wiring??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kadman23 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 600w jensen 4 channel amp and am hooking up some subs to it.  the subs are 4 ohms and i want to know the best way to hook them up without toasting my amp!  the amp is bridgable and right now i have it wired as such, 

The 2 10" 4ohm subs are wired together then a single + and - wire is ran to the amp and it is bridged. is there a better way???  here is a sort of a pic of how it is wired!

any suggestions or coments welcome and a greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!   :)

to sub     ---------------------to - amp wire

to sub     ++++++++++++to + amp wire   +++++++++++++++  to amp,  Bridged

to sub     ---------------------to + amp wire   ---------------------------  to amp, Bridged

to sub     ++++++++++++to - amp wire

Thanks

Kadman   
kadman23 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

another ?  for u all can u explain  series and parallel hook up to me and which is better?????????

Thank you!!!!

Kadman   
demond96 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

amp wiring?? - Last Post -- posted image.parallel= all like terminals wired together.( positive to positive, negative to negative) then to like terminals on the amp.

series=    all terminals wired in a string, amp positive to sub(1) positive. Sub(1) negative to sub(2) positive. Sub(2) negative to amp negative.

In series (2)4ohm subs will give you a 8ohm load. In parallel (2)4ohm subs will give you a 2ohm load. That is if you have single voice coil subs.If your amp is rated at 4ohms it will not handle a parallel wireing configuration. So you would be alot safer to wire it in a series.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic