icon

huatai ht 800d false alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigkevin20 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Another EBAY disaster. I have a 2006 dodge magnum HEMI and this alarm really sucks. Its got features but not nice like others. Any way I keep getting false alarms when I lock the doors. First off this alarm will not chirp your remote if a door is left open the alarm will just go off and embarace you as your walking away from your car. I will lock my doors then 15 seconds later the alarm will go off saying I left a door open. Then I will unlock then lock again with out even touching the car and now it works fine. Some times it will not do that, and I can keep walking to my destination. But I have to sit by my car for 15 seconds so I can cut off the siren fast before every one looks at me.
I need advice as to what to look for. Why is the alarm saying my door is open, all I have to do is rearm and its fine.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you have some back feeding to your door trigger. Get something that i at least heard of haha. Spend some money and get your self something worth the value on what your car is worth. Some times i just don't understand why people but junk into their nice expensive rides? But hey you live and learn. Did you at least get it perfessionally installed? Get your but into a compustar pro for a car like that doodie. P2W900FM-AS. WORD
"dont ground out!"
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
thats the only real problem I have with it, evry thing else is fine and the range is better than my last DEI hornet.
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
any body else can help me
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
its to bad know one was able to help me. I found out all I needed to do was diode Isolate on my door trigger. I know this is known and am surprised no one was able to help me. I hope this helps some one else.
Vehicles with Body Control Modules that shut down causing false triggers on the door and rear hatch/trunk inputs. Generally, when body control modules shut down to save power there is a change of state on the door trigger wires that aftermarket alarms see as a false trigger. Isolating the door switch wires using either diagram eliminates the false trigger. All diodes are rated at 1 Amp.
You need to diode isolate the door triggers. You can purchase the 1 amp diodes needed at Radio Shack.
Bigkevin20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Update the bypass I used must have been defective some how. The false trigger came back. What I did is ran the alarm directly to the door triggers with diodes. I used the bypass for every thing else except the door triggers. Now every thing works great.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic