the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

system that will hit 145+

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
you need one box with one large port.  if you want max spl for your truck, you need to build a box for that truck specifically.  the box makes the BIGGEST difference in the way a woofer performs.
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Installer_mss 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
to get the highest spl at the dash, measure the distance between the top of the dash where you usually put the meter mic back to the place where the box is going to be at.  take that measurement and mutiply it by four then that is the wavelength you need for max spl.  take that wavelength and determine what frequency has that same wavelength and build a box that is tuned to max output at that frequency and play only that frequency (or one of it's octaves) at competitions.  that will give you the highest spl reading possible in that truck.  also dynamat or similar, and brace everything you can.  any vibration that occurs causes loss (i.e. glass vibration, dash rattling, doors flexing, etc.).
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Installer_mss 
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BUT THE BOX...the amp and woofers you have are fine.  you are not getting the max from them yet.  trust me, i have helped acrue over 100 trophies in spl competitions at the shop i just left 3 days ago.
Installer_mss 
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
when i get around to it i'll pull out my work laptop at calculate the wavelength and frequency at that measurement and even tell you the port size and box size you need to obtain that.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
INSTALLER_MSS wrote:
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BUT THE BOX...the amp and woofers you have are fine.  you are not getting the max from them yet.  trust me, i have helped acrue over 100 trophies in spl competitions at the shop i just left 3 days ago.
what shop may this have been, and for what organization did you win all these thophys for?   not trying to hate on anyone, just wondering
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Installer_mss 
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
100 is a hyperbole...realistically it's about 40 or so with my now hated ex-boss Larry Todoroff with Team Kove.  24 12's in an astro van with 16000 watts.  some local shows helped accumulate that number.
osixfrontier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  

INSTALLER_MSS wrote:
when i get around to it i'll pull out my work laptop at calculate the wavelength and frequency at that measurement and even tell you the port size and box size you need to obtain that.

okay.... just let me know what 2 do i got a picture of the way its setup on here just take a look.....and the flex is vey minimmal in my truck vibration 2....plus il be getting started on a new box in the next week or 2...

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
What type of truck are you using?    I have a few designs laying around that were all good for over a 150, but at a much higher frequency (Not streetable)   If you would be interested in something like that I can try to help, but need to know what type of truck it is first
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Newer model Nissan Frontier I belive he said. I know it looks like an extended cab pickup in his picture.
osixfrontier 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
yeah its the newer model frontier extra cab..... not the crew cab.....
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic