icon

factory keyfob to arm/disarm aftermarket

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tgreaves 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know of an aftermarket alarm that has an arm/disarm wire on it.. I want to use my factory keyless entry fob(its part of the key) to arm/disarm a factory alarm..
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

Code Alarm has some units that have disarm wire. http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.com:1025/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/index.jsp They also have the ca-310 which is designed to be used with factory keyless.

tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
A rep from Compustar told me that their pro line of alarms have this but I cant seem to find the wires in the install diagrams for them..
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I don't have much experience with the compustar although it will be next brand i buy for my cars., so i can't help you with that. Lot of guys use em, so i'm sure someone will chime in. The only question i have, is why buy such a feature loaded system to use with the factory keyfob. I know the fob is built onto the key. I would rather have a normal key cut for the vehicle and carry the aftermarket tx to get all the features of the system. Just my thoughts. Also, what kind of vehicle is it.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Get the viper 330V.  According to the viper website: The 330V turns a factory keyless entry system into a full features security system, with Failsafe Starter Kill to keep your vehicle where you parker it, Stinger® DoubleGuard® shock sensor, and Revenger® 6-tone siren. Uses the factory transmitters.

cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
330v is the system that you want. you can also add remote start to it or get a one button r/s (hornet 569t)
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:
I don't have much experience with the compustar although it will be next brand i buy for my cars., so i can't help you with that. Lot of guys use em, so i'm sure someone will chime in. The only question i have, is why buy such a feature loaded system to use with the factory keyfob. I know the fob is built onto the key. I would rather have a normal key cut for the vehicle and carry the aftermarket tx to get all the features of the system. Just my thoughts. Also, what kind of vehicle is it.
Well I wanted to have all the features of an aftermarket alarm but just wanted to only arm/disarm from the factory fob if I needed too.. I would hate to have the factory controls on the key and not be able to use them..
Im still going to have the aftermarket fob on my keychain for remote start and all that but just wanted to use the factory fob in addition to..
This is in a 2007 Honda Fit..
I know I could get a normal key cut for the Fit and just put a code transmitter under the dash since I would need it anyway for the remote start.. Does anyone know where I could get a normal cut key from?
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
honda factory remotes do not work when the igniton is on or during remote start. keep that in mind get a regular key made and carry that with a new remote.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

tgreaves wrote:
I know I could get a normal key cut for the Fit and just put a code transmitter under the dash since I would need it anyway for the remote start.. Does anyone know where I could get a normal cut key from?

You will still need the transponder chip in the key, unless you completely bypass the transponder system in the vehicle.  When placing a key under the dash it is ONLY used when remote starting.  So, if you get rid of the chip in your key, you will have to remote start the vehicle EVERY time, or wire it up so that the transponder bypass is energized whenever the igntion is on (ie not the correct way).

Kevin Pierson
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

tgreaves wrote:

You will still need the transponder chip in the key, unless you completely bypass the transponder system in the vehicle.  When placing a key under the dash it is ONLY used when remote starting.  So, if you get rid of the chip in your key, you will have to remote start the vehicle EVERY time, or wire it up so that the transponder bypass is energized whenever the igntion is on (ie not the correct way).

Ahh.. So its best then to get a transponder key that doesnt have the factory alarm controls on it then.. I wonder if a CRV key will work since it has the transponder but no controls on it..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic