icon

what clifford alarm for manual trans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tgreaves 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a Clifford remote start alarm system that will work with a manual transmission?
I dont mean just bypassing the clutch switch, I mean that it will stay running when you shut the door and turn off when you arm method of remote start..
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
I would suggest looking into Compustar. I don't believe any of the current Clifford stuff works with a manual transmission.
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
I would suggest looking into Compustar. I don't believe any of the current Clifford stuff works with a manual transmission.
I was looking at compustar but the salesman from there kinda wized me off.. Everything is authorized dealer this and that.. I know how to install a car alarm and have done many installs as well as rewiring an entire racecar but they insist on an authorized dealer and wouldnt answer any of my questions.. I also heard that they dont warrenty the alarm if an authorized dealer doesnt install it which is just stupid in my opinion..
I really like their alarm system but the company itself isnt very great..
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
tgreaves wrote:
JWorm wrote:
I was looking at compustar but the salesman from there kinda wized me off.. Everything is authorized dealer this and that.. I know how to install a car alarm and have done many installs as well as rewiring an entire racecar but they insist on an authorized dealer and wouldnt answer any of my questions.. I also heard that they dont warrenty the alarm if an authorized dealer doesnt install it which is just stupid in my opinion..
Everything you just said applies to DEI (Clifford) as well.
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
tgreaves wrote:
JWorm wrote:
Everything you just said applies to DEI (Clifford) as well.
I read somewhere that they do warrenty it even if not installed by a "professional".. It could be bad info though but its just what I read..
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
tgreaves wrote:
I read somewhere that they do warrenty it even if not installed by a "professional".. It could be bad info though but its just what I read..
Call them up and ask:
1-800-753-0600
Contact Info
Post the answer here when you are done.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Authorized dealers don't screw with the prices either... (for the most part) You buy from a yahoo on the web, or over the counter from a guy that doesn't care about his dealer agreement. YOU get no warranty. I have never heard of a manufacturer NOT honoring their warranty...specially installed buy an authorized dealer.  If your NOT,  DEI won't hardly speak to you. (Viper, and Clifford)  hornet and python and all that other crap you can buy from anyone, anywhere....they will tell you to go back to where you made the purchase.

Being an authorized dealer gives you credibility with the manufacturers   You can talk till your blue in the face about YOUR skills....doesn't matter.  You have NO credibility with them!!!

Guys that purchase from unauthorized dealers, and authorized dealers that sell when they are NOT supposed to, give the industry as a whole, a  BIG headache.

If you NEED to be the guy doing the install, buy an AST. (ultrastart) You can get those from anyone that will sell it!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
What am I missing here, surely an Intellistart V will do, just programme tach without using the Wiz via a computer.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
What am I missing here, surely an Intellistart V will do, just programme tach without using the Wiz via a computer.
I noticed you are from the U.K.
Does anybody else know if the Intellistart V is available in the United States? I was under the impression DEI stopped support for manual transmission remote start in the U.S.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
howie ll wrote:
I noticed you are from the U.K.
Does anybody else know if the Intellistart V is available in the United States? I was under the impression DEI stopped support for manual transmission remote start in the U.S.

Since DEI swallowed up Astrostart....I hope they haven't . Every remote start in the astro lineup is manual safe!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic