the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

kicker cvx 12’s good, bad?


Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ayalahomero 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Joined: February 25, 2007
Location: United States
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
what do ya'll think bout these subs?
homero ayala
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Joined: April 11, 2002
Location: United States
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
I built a setup using the 10" CVX's they were in very very small sealed enclosures, and I was worried about the low end frequencys really.   I was very surprised to say the least!    They were fully capable of playing all frequencies on a very level range.   I am yet to play with the 12" models, but intend to get some very soon.
kicker cvx 12’s good, bad? -- posted image.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
bigbangs 
Copper - Posts: 12
Copper spacespace
Joined: July 02, 2007
Location: United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Kickers isn't aggressive enough for me. But they do have the best sound quality of all subwoofers.
Pioneer Deck
5.25 Kicker Front Speakers
6.5 Kicker Rear Speakers
2 12" Directed SX Subwoofers
Hifonics Brutus BXi 1206D AMP
1 Capacitor
2 gauge wiring..Big 3 upgraded
Steady 13.8 volts
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Joined: February 07, 2007
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

bigbangs wrote:
Kickers isn't aggressive enough for me. But they do have the best sound quality of all subwoofers.

What?! Kicker, best sound quality? I think you've got that backwards. They are aggressive, with not too good of SQ. -Jeez...

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
bigbangs 
Copper - Posts: 12
Copper spacespace
Joined: July 02, 2007
Location: United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
HAHA.. Kickers are aggressive ?? Now the L7 square speakers are aggressive, but anything out side of that is pure garbarge.
I do have to admit though the sound quality on their round subwoofers is a 10! Nothing beats them on Sound Quality.
We need more opinions here..lol
Pioneer Deck
5.25 Kicker Front Speakers
6.5 Kicker Rear Speakers
2 12" Directed SX Subwoofers
Hifonics Brutus BXi 1206D AMP
1 Capacitor
2 gauge wiring..Big 3 upgraded
Steady 13.8 volts
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Joined: February 07, 2007
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

bigbangs wrote: We need more opinions here..

Yes, we sure do.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Joined: February 07, 2007
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
bigbangs, you've got a Pioneer deck, which is known for adding noise throught the RCA outputs, a HiFonics amp, which is known for only putting out what it claims at HUGE THD numbers, and Kicker door/dash speakers, which are a far cry from anything SQ related. Now, what do you know about SQ?
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,053
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Joined: January 19, 2003
Location: Michigan, Bouvet Island
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
OK... Here's another...
bigbangs wrote:
HAHA.. Kickers are aggressive ?? Now the L7 square speakers are aggressive, but anything out side of that is pure garbarge.
I do have to admit though the sound quality on their round subwoofers is a 10! Nothing beats them on Sound Quality.
We need more opinions here..lol
You need to listen to a few more woofers, dude!
I have heard FEW (VERY few woofers - Directed being one of them) with lower SQ. I have heard MANY more with MILES better SQ than Kicker, and most of them are significantly LESS expensive than Kicker, too.
Adire, TCSounds, even Radio Shack make better SQ woofers than Kicker...
And while SQ is in the ear of the beholder, you DID ask for more opinions... I see an open door, I walk through it!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
bigbangs 
Copper - Posts: 12
Copper spacespace
Joined: July 02, 2007
Location: United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
jmelton86 wrote:
bigbangs, you've got a Pioneer deck, which is known for adding noise throught the RCA outputs, a HiFonics amp, which is known for only putting out what it claims at HUGE THD numbers, and Kicker door/dash speakers, which are a far cry from anything SQ related. Now, what do you know about SQ?
Hey i'm glad you posted. I was waiting for someone to say some thing about SQ!
I took the below from the12volt page--> https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/caraudio.asp
"Perception of sound is subjective to each of us, just as some of us find black cars more appealing than other color cars. If you like your car stereo system more than any other in the same vehicle, then you have the best. But, if you like some other car stereo system more than yours in the same vehicle, then that one is better. Only you can decide which is best for you. For a car stereo system and installation to be a good or great system and installation, it must meet or exceed the user's expectations."
So with this all in mind. What do you know about SQ? My system sounds excellent to me , so it is the best system ever.
Pioneer Deck
5.25 Kicker Front Speakers
6.5 Kicker Rear Speakers
2 12" Directed SX Subwoofers
Hifonics Brutus BXi 1206D AMP
1 Capacitor
2 gauge wiring..Big 3 upgraded
Steady 13.8 volts
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Joined: February 07, 2007
Location: South Carolina, United States
Posted: July 05, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

bigbangs wrote:
jmelton86 wrote:
bigbangs, you've got a Pioneer deck, which is known for adding noise throught the RCA outputs, a HiFonics amp, which is known for only putting out what it claims at HUGE THD numbers, and Kicker door/dash speakers, which are a far cry from anything SQ related. Now, what do you know about SQ?
Hey i'm glad you posted. I was waiting for someone to say some thing about SQ!
I took the below from the12volt page--> https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/caraudio.asp
"Perception of sound is subjective to each of us, just as some of us find black cars more appealing than other color cars. If you like your car stereo system more than any other in the same vehicle, then you have the best. But, if you like some other car stereo system more than yours in the same vehicle, then that one is better. Only you can decide which is best for you. For a car stereo system and installation to be a good or great system and installation, it must meet or exceed the user's expectations."
So with this all in mind. What do you know about SQ? My system sounds excellent to me , so it is the best system ever.

Good deal. I wasn't trying to bash you. And you're right, it's all up to what you like.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
Page of 2

  Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

  •  
Search the12volt.com
Follow the12volt.com Follow the12volt.com on Facebook
Monday, September 26, 2022 • Copyright © 1999-2022 the12volt.com, All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy & Use of Cookies
Disclaimer: *All information on this site ( the12volt.com ) is provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to fitness for a particular use. Any user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and use of this information. Please verify all wire colors and diagrams before applying any information.

Secured by Sectigo
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
Support the12volt.com
Top
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer