icon

doors unlock then lock when armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 nissan wingroad . I have installed a viper 5900. The vehicle has nissan intelligent key wich basically serves as a factory alarm that can unlock/unlock the doors fold in the mirrors etc.
There is a switch for the passenger door locks at the master control at the driver side control panel that unlock/lock the passenger doors. A negative pulse that lock and a negative pulse on another wire that locks it. This works fine with the alarm.
The driver door has 4 wires , 2 for the motor and 2 i believe that goes to a switch, so that when you lock/unlock the driver door with key the other doors follow the driver locks. The driver door is a 5 wires type that rest at ground . I used 2 relays and wire it into the driver motor wires and connect the driver priority wire. It works with the alarm. I have also cut the switch wire that goes to the driver door so that the passenger doors does not follow the driver door with priority unlocking- they now work independent.
Here is where it gets strange. Disarming the vehicle will unlock all doors . When i arm with the locks at open position,the doors lock which is fine. Now if the passenger doors are at the lock position, and i arm the vehicle, the passenger doors will unlock and then lock. This happens no matter which position the driver door is at . It only happens if i arm the car when the passenger door locked. What causes the passenger door to unlock and then lock.
Note: I still have the factory alarm wired together with the 5900. The factory alarm still work as usual with the exception of getting all doors lock/unlock with the key since i cut the switch wires.
Any halp will be appreciated.
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

that's a tough one, bro.  I recall you posting earlier -- did you have any success finding the schematics/EWD's from that nissan email address you tried a few weeks ago?

I don't have the diagrams for the wingroad (or anything non-US for that matter) so unfortunately I can't trouble shoot this with you.

The search function is your friend.
sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't have any luck getting info on the wingroad in terms of wiring. But i believe i should be able to figure out the problem logically.
I notice that the ignition control door locks works perfectly for lock and unlock.
If i can't find a solution i will remove the driver priority and reconnect the wires that go to the driver switch. This way the passenger doors will follow the driver locks and i'll use the alarm to control the driver lock. All should be fine then.
I saw a few pics of a 2004 maxima BCM on the net and it looks similar to mine except some wires are different colours. I'll do some experimenting during the weekend and i'll let you know what goes on.
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Best of luck, keep us updated -- no doubt someone one day with a Wingroad will chime in for help on this site and your posts will help clue them in.
The search function is your friend.
sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have figured it out.!!
This weekend i was installing a 508d sensor and decided to have another go with the door locks.
There is a GREEN/ YELLOW wire that the factory alarm have tapped into that does the locking under the centre console. When i look at the driver lock/unlock switch at the driver master control the lock wire is the same colour and size - but it is not the same wire !!!!
I only discover this by just connecting the lock wire from the alarm to it and realise that it works without problem. So somehow there is a difference with the wire.
Another thing that i discovered is that when i lock the doors with the driver console switch ,usually only the passengers doors will lock and not the driver door , now all doors will lock . This is not an issue since i prefer all doors locking.
Seems strange that by just connecting the lock wire from the alarm that i get all doors locking since that switch usually controls only 3 doors for the locking. any one knows why this is so?
"I'm So Loud It Hertz"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic