icon

my car won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaglclon 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 98 acura integra with the cliiford intelligaurd 7000 with the wireless immobolizier installed.  The car will crank but I'm not getting fuel pressure.  The odd thing is that my power windows, windshield wippers, turn signal, and the icon lights (check engine, seatbelt, airbag, battery, etc....) in the speedometer doent work..  I checked every single fuse there is in the car and all is good.  I'm thinking the alarm malfunctioned. 
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with the Intelliguard 7000, but I think it has an ignition kill. Those have been known to fail on occasion on older Cliffords. Is the alarm arming and disarming ok? It sounds like you may have to bypass the ignition kill if that is the problem.
eaglclon 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
yeah the alarm does function properly.  thanks i'll check it out
lorenzanaj 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
could also be the ignition switch
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
If the starter kill was wired properly, the dash should come alive....just the car won't crank. I believe you have a different problem.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Check your fuses again, I think you may have missed one b/c windows, wipers, and a few other things sounds like a fuse problem -- random things on one fuse sometimes; likely a fuse under the hood -- check under the hood (physically remove them and check them) and then of course the driver's lower dash fuses. (don't remember if there is a passenger side fuse panel on the '98 'tegra)
The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic