icon

p2wssr released

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
franknitty69 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
i just got mine for $450 (alarm only). i'm not a rookie this is my 5th compustar alarm. i've studied the manuals since january (that's how long i've been waiting).
this is definitely the most advanced alarm ever made.
"When the slugs penetrate you'll feel a burning sensation..." - Prodigy of Mobb Deep
dmasjz45 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
just finished my 2wss, not pro...couldn't find the pro anywhere to buy myself, really the only thing better about it (that's really not even worth another $200) is the remote and it's capabilities. from what i've heard you can just buy the 2wss, get the pro remote, the optional sensors, and you have the pro right there.
franknitty69 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
the p2wssr uses a different module (brain) than the 2wss. there are a slew of new features with the p2 such as voltage sensing, the ability to update the software with an ilink. secure valet, secure aux, auto mode*, hot/cold temp starting, vehicle data on the remote such temp/voltage/run time.
  • timer mode now supports 1.5, 3 and 24 hours.
  • remote start now supports 15, 25, 45 or 3 minutes.
  • drive lock can now be engaged with ignition on and brake depressed or rpm x 2 idle speed (when driving).
  • turbo timer now supports 1, 2 or 4 mins.
  • the readdition of 2nd car mode.
  • alarm clock on the remote (used for parking meters, etc).
  • rps now has adjustable sensitivity.
  • remote paging can be disabled from the remote and it is separate from the shock sensor.
  • rps can now unlock and disarm!!!
  • Timer start supports 4 different modes (i.e. time only or time/temp)
  • Automode detects the presence of the remote and will arm/disarm. the range is adjustable
my current alarm is the 2wss which i'm replacing with the p2wssr
"When the slugs penetrate you'll feel a burning sensation..." - Prodigy of Mobb Deep
franknitty69 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
forgot to mention: the 2wss cannot be upgraded to the p2wssr. the only components that are reusable is the antenna, siren, shock sensor and hood pin. the brain and the wiring is completely different.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
franknitty69 wrote:
forgot to mention: the 2wss cannot be upgraded to the p2wssr. the only components that are reusable is the antenna, siren, shock sensor and hood pin. the brain and the wiring is completely different.
umm The CompuSTAR P2WSS also has a 2ng gen antenna. totally different.
"dont ground out!"
franknitty69 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
martiale wrote:

Asked one of the Compustar dealers today for P2WSSR for price and availability, I wanted just to purchase and install myself. They told me it can't be done that way, they can't sell it to me because it has to be programed and installed in their location. I just did not belived that and will be looking somewhere else for purchase and DIY. Do you have any info if this model really has to be programed by dealer before install???

if you have the technical know how then you can install this alarm yourself. if you've never installed an alarm i would not recommend it. if you have installed an alarm and wanted to do this yourself it will take you between 2-4 days your first time. no doodie.
the alarm doesn't have to 'programmed'. the only thing that need to be done is programming the remote to the alarm. and this is in the installation guide. all programming options except special ones can be programmed via the remote (you don't need the dealer only option programmer).
anyways you can purchase the pro model from your dealer. if one dealer won't sell it to you go to another. Also installing yourself will void your warranty.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
Let me know what pro dealer is selling over the counter.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic