icon

Relay Identification?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pecoreno 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

hi, i was wondering if anyone can help me. i have a 1993 5.2 l grand cherokee that had a alarm wiring harness installed, the brain was not present and i removed the harness and cleaned up the mess (cut wires and splices in the main jeep harness). i noticed they were 2 relays missing in the glove box relay center, on the bottom right. one i was able to remove from the old alarm harness, and one that was cross linked to a ry-59, i ordered this relay but have not gotten it yet. this missing relay looks like an active socket on the board because it has wires running up to it. would anyone what this relay does? any help would be appreciated!!!

vinny

pecoreno 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a 1993 5.2 L grand cherokee that had a alarm wire harness, the brain was missing, and i removed the harness and cleaned up the mess (cut wires and splices in the main jeep harness). i noticed they were 2 relays missing on the lower right relay center in the glove box. one i took from the alarm harness and plugged it in to the first empty slot and it keeps the interior lights on longer, the other i tried to get from the auto store it was i.d. as a ry-59. Does anyone know what this relay is for?
Vinny
p.s. i am sorry for typing in upper case i did'nt know that was a no no. i havent been on this form or other forums for a long time. i tried to delete it but this cannot be done by me.
Phill McCrank 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2003 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

If everything still works in the car dont worry about it.  alot of times cars have extra relay sockets and fuse holders so they can use the same parts on all models of the same car.  is there any options for that car that you dont have,  ie power window, door locks, rear defrost......etc.  if so that could be why they are not there.  also you can look in the owners manual for fuses and relays.  see if it shows if there is aupposed to be or not.

Phill Bowen
Lead Installer,
Master of all trades.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic