icon

2007 highlander keyless upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dhcrocks 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to install a Pursuit 9232a  alarm upgrade to the factory keyless entry system which also has the factory ignition imobilizer.  That being the case the starter kill does not have to be installed right?

But my main question is about the door locks. I couldn't find information about add on alarms only for installing a stand alone.  Do I need to go into the doors to get the motor and switch wires or can I get them from under the dash?

brudnic 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
You either have to use a door lock module ie... toydl. Or you have to go in the door for lock, unlock, and the lock detection wire. If you choose to go in the door, you will have to cut the lock detection wire and build a relay. Hope this information helps.
dhcrocks 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

on the alarm it has 4 wires for the door locks. they are arm input#1, #2, disarm input #1, #2.  it says they need to go to the motor and switch.  This is only to detect when the factory keyfob locks/unlocks the doors to turn the alarm on/off.  They do not actually lock/unlock the doors.

brudnic 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
I understand what you are saying, I can give you the motor and switch colors if you want, but the only way to disarm a factory highlander is with keysense and ignition, or doorlocks only. I have added a slave unit like you are to other vehicles, but the toyota's are different. If you need the motor and switch info let me know.
dhcrocks 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

cool, can you please list the color codes.

Thanks for your help.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  

brudnic wrote:
You either have to use a door lock module ie... toydl. Or you have to go in the door for lock, unlock, and the lock detection wire. If you choose to go in the door, you will have to cut the lock detection wire and build a relay. Hope this information helps.

No, not true. To install a Pro9232a in a highlander you need three motor wires, all of which are in the drivers kickpanel. They are as follows...

Lock/ blue in one of the two plugs near the bottom of the kickpanel

Unlock/ red in the plug comming from the drivers door harness

Defeat/ white in one of the two plugs near the bottom of the kickpanel

You don't need to use the second lock detection wire on the 9232a...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
MikeM2 is right. Take note that the third wire, the one at the plug in the kick panel, will change color depending on which side of the plug you're working.
The Audiovox instructions are terrible, but it's like this:
--The green arm wire goes to the "lock motor" wire in the car...this wire tests as positve when LOCKING the doors.
--The red disarm wire goes to the "unlock motor" wire in the car...this wire tests as positive when UNLOCKING ONLY THE DRIVER'S DOOR.
--The RED / black disarm-defeat wire goes to the "second unlock motor" wire in the car...this wire tests as positive ONLY when unlocking the REST of the doors.....that is, after you've pressed "unlock" on the factory remote a SECOND time.
--The GREEN/ black wire is intended to prevent you from accidentally arming the alarm when locking the doors using the switch on the door panel. This wire isn't easily available on the Highlander, and it's not necessary anyway. Don't connect to anything.
--The blue disarm-defeat wire is intended for sedans, and other cars that have a separate trunk....again, not necessary for your car. Don't connect to anything.
Other considerations:
--You're right that the existing Toyota immobilizer key is a good theft deterrent. It's completely your choice if you want to hook up the starter kill or not.
--Since you'll already be at the steering column to get your constant and ignition wires, you can get door trigger there too.
There's a negative-trigger wire that goes to the illuminated ring around the keyhole....I always forget the color, but it might be pink. This catches all 5 doors, and you don't need to use the individual doorpin wires.
(At the end of the install manual, be sure to perform the section that says "completing the installation," but do it with the car door OPEN. They say to do it with the door closed, but they're wrong, it won't work right.)
--Since the 9232A is already set up for a positive-trigger parking light output, the easiest thing would be to get the positive parking lights down in the driver's kick panel, in the same area where the "second-unlock motor" wire is.
--If you don't wish to install the siren, just use the 9232A's horn output, to the horn wire in the steering column. Or you could hook up both if you want to.
--The shock sensor comes out of the box at its maximum setting. Don't forget to readjust it.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

The door trigger at the illumination ring is dark green. Carefull, as there are a bizillion dark green wires in the harness....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dhcrocks 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
thanks so much guys.  you're a real timesaver.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic