icon

pioneer avic n1, ac stopped working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pioneerfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

well i just installed my pioneer avic n1 and then shortly after that my AC stoped working same witht he whole heatin unit.  i check the fuses there still fine and i even replaced them... but when i go and try and turn it on its makes a   tussssssssssss sound.. idk need hlpe

thanks

jake

chaos420 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of vehicle?   Check for a short behind hu, I bought a 1992 eclipse from a guy with an aftermarket stereo already installed by himself,  had it for about 4 months when things started to go wrong.  Car died suddenly, would start back up and run fine for a ehile and do it again, turn signals weren't working, high beams were inverted (high beams were low beams and visa versa) dash lights, dome lights.  Took it in to shop to find out my cars computer was fried.  Fixed that but still had lighting issues, changed out my deck and found tucked in the back, the factory deck illumination wire bare and ground out to the chassis.  Eventually the car died again and when i ripped out the cars wiring harness i found it melted into one big mess throught the entire car.  Sorry that was long but i'm still upset about it.  My point is a fuse won't always blow with a short, and it can cause all kinds of wierd stuff.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Do you drive a gm truck? It is very easy to burn up the circuit board that is directly below the radio.
pioneerfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

that was my problem illumination was grounded..lol thanks stupid mistake.. thank you fo rthe help

Jake

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic