icon

window windup modules

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tgreaves 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2007 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
When putting in a window windup module do I need to go into every door and cut the motor wires there or can all this be done with the master switch wires in the drivers kick panel?
frans-c 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
I installed two Directed 530T modules in my four-door sedan, which originally had manual windows. Although I had to completely do the wiring myself, I had to run the two rear windows' wires through the doors, i.e. from the rear switch in master switch panel through to the rear switches, from the rear switches to the 530T.
The manual also indicated that if you want one-touch functionality for the passenger window, that you need to run the wires in the passenger door as well, so I guess there's no way around it. Sorry, man!
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
320 000 km / 199 000 miles
Full MB Service History
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Well I found the schematics and went over them.. It seems from what I saw that the switch actually does carry the full load of the windows and when you press the up/down button your sending 12volts directly to the window motor and not to a relay or anything..
I also saw that the window switch in each door passes the connection through to the motor from the master switch..
Given this I should just be able to mount the window wind-up module in the drivers side door and then just run 1 wire(windup activate) from the drivers door into the cabin and hook it to my alarm..
Does this sound correct to everyone?
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Actually let me add to this..
I know your suppose to "cut" the wires going from the switch to the window and when the wind-up modules senses 12volt input from the switch it then sends 12volts to the correct window motor..
What about if I just tap into the window wires at the drivers kick and just send 12volts to the windup wire from the module when I activate the module and just leave the switch wires alone??
Problem is will I still be able to get the drivers window to work since I doubt the drivers window wires come out of the door??
What about still mounting the module inside the door but just tapping into the windup wires but not cutting them and just leaving the switch wires on the windup unit unhooked??
turxhead 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

tgreaves

Please be aware that in most power window systems, all wires rest at ground!! You cannot just tap the wires and send 12 volts to them!! You will blow fuses.

To answer your first question, no you don't have to go to each door. You can do all the wiring at the master switch in the drivers door (not in the kick panel)

In doing so only the master switches will be automated. To automate all switches you will have to go into each door, which is labor intense.

Hope this helps

TH Mobiletronics

tim hill
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok.. So I mount the unit in the drivers door and just cut the window down wires on the all the switches and attach them to the windup modules and then attach the switch end of the wires I just cut to the "switch" inputs on the module then, correct?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of vehicle are you working with?
Kevin Pierson
frans-c 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Because I installed my power windows from scratch, I had the freedom to create the ideal wire harness, incorporating the two 530T modules.
Currently, none of my switches have any source of power, they simply switch to ground. So, the whenever I press the window switch, the ground pulse is sent through the thin wiring to the 530T module, and the module sends the power to the window motor.
In order for my rear window switches to operate, I HAD to route the signal-wires to the rear doors, due to the fact that neither rear switch has any source of power.
I assume that with your factory-fitted power windows, you could use your main switch panel for all your one-touch functionality, with your rear switches (which, by default, will have power) operating as normal.
F R A N S
1985 Mercedes-Benz 230E
320 000 km / 199 000 miles
Full MB Service History
tgreaves 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
My windows in my car dont have a one touch up function.. Only a one touch down for the drivers window only..
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

it depends on the type of car you're working on check the alarm manual it will tell you which wires

you need to cut and the location

on new nissans  or acuras  you only send a - impulse on the locks wires  to go up and down i done few this way and it

works great

jose

jmsounds

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic