icon

remote start and window question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quik525420 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have two problems with this 2002 Gmc Sierra. the first one is that the remote start is cranking,starting and dying immediatly. I checked the connections and I read the troubleshooting in the back of the 555l manual, but it did not help. The other is that the 529t for the windows will not go up when I arm the car, i have it hooked up to the orange ground when armed wire but they only go up when you turn off the ignition or if you connect and disconnect the wires from the 529t to the orange wire. Any one have any ideas? I need to have this done by tommorow     thanks jeff
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
what wires did you use for passlock???colors???
quik525420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
There were two white wires, One measured ground on the meter, the other didn't. So I spliced the black to the ground and cut the other and attached the two wires to each end. What do you think?
securinu 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
wrong wires the ones you are looking for is yellow and orange black. yellow is the wire you cut orange / black is the refernce ground for the 555l
Stangslvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
The other wire you might have in your car for the black wire the 555L to hook to may be black. I did one the other day with it being black. You should have three wires coming from the key cylinder, one yellow, one with red...dont touch that one....and the other should be the ground. Goodluck. The window problem is a bad connection or wrong wires tapped. Check the wires and also did you hook them up to a channel on the alarm? Do they work off the remote?
Stangslvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
Did you diode isolate the ground when armed wire? If not, that might be your window problem. MAke sure its all hooked up correctly
quik525420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I figured out the windows, you were right it was the diode, I just had it in wrong, stupid mistake. the wires for the passlock I still cant figure out. there is orange tubing coming down from the column and yellow, the yellow I am assuming is airbag, in the orange are the 2 white wires, they go into a connector and change colors from there but there aren't three, It wouldn't be a vats system would it? what am I doing wrong?
quik525420 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
alright, I am done!! you guys were right with the remote start, the wires are in the loom of ign wires, I was led to believe that it was in a seperate shielding, so that took care of everything, thanks to all who helped out      
securinu 
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
thats what were here for . glad to help.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Those 2 white wires in the orange tubing got to the push button at the end of the shifter. Make sure it still works.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic