icon

Reverse in manual trasmision ??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rons Cars 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 Accent by Hyundia , just got it, and the 5 forward gears are very smooth, but in reverse if I feather the clutch its ok, but if I let the clutch out all the way its noisy , is this normal or ok in reverse??==you can email me if you answered or have an answer , thanks ronplanes@cs.com
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of noise? It's hard to explain but there is a noise that it will make in reverse. It's not a bad sounding noise. IF you hear griding that is not good. Try to explain please.
Rons Cars 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
Its like a whining noise, but when I let the clutch out all the and move the car stepping on the gas its sorta like a slight shudder or hop, but feathering the clutch its smoother.
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Your reverse gear in trany isn't fully engagin, do you notice any noises in 1st?
Rons Cars 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
No, I really think its smooth and quiet in first and the rest., heres some more problems I wrote to a servis manager what do you think,?Thanks ============
I live near Riverhead, NY, will the prices for service be the same as yours? in new hampshire, Example transmission $74.95 and if done at 30,000 miles will it cover my warranty? They are saying I need a flush also, and gave a price of $140.00-does this sound right on a 2001 new Sonata with only 27,000 miles on it., I also have a 1999 Hyundai Accent manual shift, and they just put a new manifold and gasket on it 2 weeks ago, well on 02 /16 /03 the engine check light came on, Now this was all covered with the 60,00mile warranty when I bring it in to get fixed [there shouldn't] be any charge $ because I only have 55,000 miles on it and still have 5.000 miles to go? Is this correct? Thanks so much please answer ASAP.[ronplanes@cs.com]
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

On newer cars/light trucks, you really don't need to flush or change fluid in your trannie till 100,000 miles unless your towing a lot or do a lot of city driving when its hot. The prices seem a little high and as long as your in your warrenty milleage they'll pay it unless they can proves you broke it under neglect. For the problem on your manual tranie, your reverse gear is right next to your 1st gear, basicly the sprokets are the other way as I said before if its winning and jumping its not engaging so you most likley broke your rervse gear - have them check your linkage then the gear.

Rons Cars 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
yes 2001 SONATA, they claim that all of a sudden they found out you need to flush the tranny at 30,000, I don't buy the flush part if IM not abusing or towing a trailer or boat. but the service center that you can call told me that If they can show you a fresh jar of new auto fluid and its clearer, then you need a change, but who justifies that you need a flush, the service manager in which is a bull rip off con artist. ==========
NOW the other cars problem Reverse it just sounds stiff and whinny noise, not jumpy, but if I feather the clutch its smooth as silk? Dont know, How about the new problem with my Accent the engine light coming on after they just put in a new manifold, what could it be?
themagicone 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Most lilkey they didnt seal it right and you have a compresion problem ie a head gasket leak, low oil or they forgot to hook up a wire or something.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic