icon

1997 buick la sabre

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vdo-dayton 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I need the color and location of the following for a navigation system....for the above mentioned car

VSS, reverse signal, low beam light, ground, permanent power, ignition power.

thanks inadvance

Cheers

vdo-dayton
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Since no one else has any help for you, I think you really need to go to a shop and shell out the 15 bucks for a harness. But these are the wires I know. Permanent power is Orange at the radio harness. Ignition power is yellow in the same harness. Ground is the black wire in the same harness. I do not know why you need the low beam light wire, but the illumination wire for your radio is the brown wire that is located on the same plug that the other 3 wires that I just told you. This wire will have 12 volts on it when your lights are turned on. Maybe someone else here can help you with the VSS and the reverse wire. I wish I could be more help.  Maybe when this gets bumped back to the top someone with this info will see it and offer a helping hand.
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

The only info I can find for the reverse wire is Light Green (+) at switch on transmission. Also the VSS wire should be at the cruise control module. GM uses a green wire for VSS for that car.

If it don't have cruise, then locate the ECM (it should be under the hood, left front), the blue 80 pin connector position 13 should have the green wire your looking for.

Now a few GMs (not many) also had the VSS behind the radio. It will also be green. I dont remember what position it would be in if its there. ( there will be 2 or more green wires back there.) If some one remembers the correct position please remind me.

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic