Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Will give that a try.
96gtp 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Was talking to someone today and they told me that since one of my voic coils is at 1 Ohms and the other is at 3.8 Ohms that that would dontate that I have a Blown SUb. IS this true?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
means you may have one messed up coil...the other coil should be fine to use...I wired my friends sub(same as yours) using one coil and its been fine for a couple years...not problems
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2007 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

push on it! in and out...if you get any resistance or any "crunchy" it toast. thats what it sounds like...if its still good there....try the drill battery trick...hook the speaker wires to the + and - of  a drill battery and see if you cant get it to move. Try it both ways and see if it will move in and out...if it does then its still good...i will be suprized if it does.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
96gtp 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
jvillefinest wrote:

push on it! in and out...if you get any resistance or any "crunchy" it toast. thats what it sounds like...if its still good there....try the drill battery trick...hook the speaker wires to the + and - of a drill battery and see if you cant get it to move. Try it both ways and see if it will move in and out...if it does then its still good...i will be suprized if it does.

yeah it is crunchy when I push in and out on the speaker. I guess it is done. :-(
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic