icon

car died twice, alarm problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeveli 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have an audiovox prestige aps996 alarm/remote start...a couple days ago my kid hit a bunch of buttons on the pager which started the car and also set off the alarm a couple times.
Later that day I go outside, and the BRAKE, BATTERY, and all the DOOR lights all light up on the dash when I start the car (with the key), and they remain lit. Also, when I use the remote starter, what will happen is the car will start for about 10 seconds, then stop, start again for 10 seconds and stop, and one more time start and stop, then finally just stop altogether.
Now again this happened a couple of days ago, and those dash lights have stayed on ever since. Finally last night my car died while driving, twice. Seemed like the battery was completely drained and possibly the alternator. The hazard lights wouldnt even stay on for more then 2 seconds.
Anyone have any ideas what could've triggered this? My car had to be towed and i have to find someone to take a look at it. THANKS
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2007 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
What year, make, model car?
car died twice, alarm problem? - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
mikeveli 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
What year, make, model car?
sorry, it is a 2001 Honda Accord EX v6 sedan
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2007 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Check for bad alternator.. that can cause all sorts of dash lights to come on.

Jim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic