actuator relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morteza 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2007 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I am putting door lock actuator in all 4 of my doors. DEI 524N. I picked up 4 SPDT relays. An installer told me instead of 2 I will need 4 relays. Couldn't I just combine the blue and green wires to the same colors, respectively? Better yet, could someone please give me a diagram of how to have 4 actuators working in a 1996 Toyota Corolla w/ a Viper 791XVR? I assume I just do 2 of each relay in the diagram in the 524N.
ANY help is great appreciated.
Thanks
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Installers are use to using Regular cube Relays. I think the two that you have may do the trick. Please Give a Part number for the relays you purchased. A pinout would be great as well.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
randiggy78 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

i\m the original poster, i just can't get this current username to log out..

the relay is the DEI P/N 8617 5-pin relay

hell ya
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have the  Viper 791XVR Installation manual?

All I can find are these for 791XV.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=348

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=430

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

You need relays for this alarm dont connect it directly to the actuator. after you have the motors i use 18 guage speaker wire to connect to the actuators then run them to the point where you want to put the relays keep in mind your going to need a power source for the actuators. next you take your battery from your drill and test each pair of wires which one makes the lock go up and which makes it go down  then you put them together in the end you should have 2 wires when you apply positive one the locks go up and then positive to the other the locks go down this is kind of hard to explain but i hope you get it after that take your relays and connect each wire to the number 30 of each relay your only using 2 relays positive 12 fused goes to 86 and 87 of each relay groung each of the 87a terminals and green wire of alarm goes to 85 of one relay and the blue one to the other 85 of the other relay test it if the alarm arms and the doors unlock instead of lock switch blue and green wires then it should work if it worked the first time then its cool use 20-25 amp fuse if you dont understand what ive just said go to a shop cause if you do it wrong sometimes you may burn  motor(S) or if your lucky just the fuse.

the duce
morteza 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
thanks^, i've did all of that already except the relay part. keep in mind, im doing all 4 doors not 2. can you or someone else give me a relay diagram for 4 doors? do i just have 4 relays? or keep 2?
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Its the same for 2 doors as 4 doors. Its just joining more cables from the motors together. the diagram is here

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp

the duce

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic