icon

components to match subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slatham 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ok...I'm going with the L7 12s run by a kicker zx1500.1. This will be in a chevy xtreme pickup...what component speakers and amps would you reccommend to use since i have chosen the L7's for my subs... Also wondering if i would need any type of crossover or equalizer.
derder1984 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
If you want to stay with kickers, zx850.4 amp with ss65.2 or rs65.2 components. The ss are better but if you are budget conscience the rs do not differ that much.
slatham 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
It doesnt matter if i stay with kicker for the components. I was just wondering what you all would personally suggest. Still open for more suggestions...but wondering if i need an external crossover and equalizer. I'm also up for suggestions on a head unit.....Pretty much just tell me what you all would do for the rest of the system aside from the subs.
derder1984 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Kickers still sound good. I'm a big Pioneer guy; I have an N3 and love it. However, if you're not looking for a navi and want great sound you have to go with something with 4 ot 5 volt preouts. I would recommend the DEH-P6900UB, plus it has a usb input if you have a thumb drive or mp3 player. You also have full control over an equalizer as well as high pass and low pass crossovers.
derder1984 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
I was just thinking about what you meant by crossover. If is not what I mentioned in the previous post, crossovers come with the speakers.
slatham 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot for the info.

I have another question though...

The kicker ss65.2 comes with (2) 6.5" drivers and 4 tweeters and the crossover. Would that be all i need for midbass/mid/highs? And you reccomended the kicker 850.4....How would you suggest i distribute the power among the components?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic