icon

compustar problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
menappi 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I installed my compustar alarm into my 93 lexus (didn't hook up the factory disarm wire yet, cant' find it) but I plugged in the brain and nothing happens. on the remote, the only thing on is the time and a phone icon on the windshield and when I press any buttons I get the reception image (looks like a tower) that comes on then goes off. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? The power wires and everything are guarenteed right, so i'm sure it's getting power.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
Did you go through the sequence of programming the remote?
The search function is your friend.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Turn the key to the on and off postion. Repeat that movement five times fast. You'll hear an internal relay click. This mean your in programming mode/valet mode. Press the the first button on the remote and you will hear it confirm. You can program up too three remotes.
"dont ground out!"
menappi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Cool man that worked, I guess the remote didn't come programmed to the brain. Anyways, I didn't hook up the factory disarm wire to my 93 lexus, but i'm not expiriencing any troubles with the factory alarm or mine, do you think i'm ok with just leaving it off?
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
i would do the disarm
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
All of the Compustar remotes need to be programmed. None of them come pre programmed.
flashmcclain 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Almost all of Compustar remotes have to be programed within 10 seconds(except for R200??-5 seconds). That means you have to turn the key to acc 5 times in 10 seconds, wait for the relay to click and then press the lock/unlock button. Keep in mind if you have a 2W900FM-S, most of the time it comes with a 1W900FM-S and you will need to program them both at the same time to have them activated.

One more thing, the vehicle can be programed w/ up to 3 remotes. So if you have a remote that programs a 2nd car make sure you program that as well!

menappi 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
if i'm not having problem with the stock alarm (because I didn't hook up the disarm wire) is there going to be a problem. I've had it for two days now and no problems with the factory alarm going off or anything, so i should be good w.o it right?
flashmcclain 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

Well, usualy you would wanna hook up the disarm wire to prevent that from happening. 

Factory alarms are very finicky and quite un-useful. Pretty much only work if the window is broken and you open the door from the inside.

That's why if you get a CompuStar remote with an A/S you'll have the benfit of haveing a shock sensor that pages the remote. You can always change the sensitivty as well. Some people like it really sensitive to where even a muffler from a motorcycle or a passing helicopter/airplane could set it off.

Just make sure the consumer is educated that if the sensitivty is put that high, it's more likely to go off in those situations.(keeps the customer from coming back too often to lower the sensitivity.)

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

TEST IT. If you use the keyless entry from the compustar and the alarm hasn't went off yet. Then you should be in the clear. But if you want to try to see if you have a factory alarm test it. Leave your window down and open the drivers door. Lock the doors from the main switch and the shut the door. Wait one minute and then PHYSICALLY open the door from the inside. Don't hit the unlock button. And see if your factory alarm goes off. If it does then you need to know where your disarm is. Do you have a factory keyless entry? Does it dis arm when you put the key in the door and turn it to the UNLOCK postion? IF you hit the unlock on the switch does it stop the alarm? Test these questions and let us know. Compustar has a backdoor for some factory alarms. Like Program option 1-1 turn that option on. THat is unlock before and lock after. This allows the vehicle to unlock the doors and disarm the alarm before starting. If it works. If not find the disarm wire. Word

"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic