icon

2004 corolla, factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gitrdnn 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am told that an alarm comes factory installed, and all you have to do is disconnect a wire under the dash. can anyone tell me about this? thank you
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
You can buy cars from the factory that come with an alarm (which i dont like my opinion) I have never done that car but usually they hide the brain of the alarm in the kick panels, under the dash on the walls or sometimes somewhere in the trunk. Im guessing you want to disarm it or i dont know, the brain is a black like plastic square with a wire harness or 2 attached to it some of them say alarm module on them and  unplugging it will disable it.
the duce
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Also forgot to mention there are after market alarms like viper depending who put it the brain can be anywhere you just have to follow the wires and these alarms usually work with sirens and not the horn of the car. Again cutting its power or unplugging usually disables it. Dont go stealing cars now.

the duce
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Verify that it has an alarm first, I have not seen a corrola with an alarm in my neck of the woods. Put the window down, close the doors and lock via the remote or lock the door via the door swtich then close it, wait a minute or so and reach in and manually unlock the door, then open it, you will know if it has an alarm. If it goes off and you don't have a remote I believe just putting your key in the ignition should turn it off.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
1. Alarmis a very rare factory option on a Corolla, although they are available as a dealer-installed accessory too.
2. Why do you need to disconnect it anyway?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic