icon

5900 not arming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calihoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

Viper 5900 recentley installed on a 1999 chevy tahoe 4 door.   alarm was working fine, truck remote started.  i hade made all connections except the siren.   after doing so the alarm worked fine for a few minutes but now has ceased to work.  The dash LED now stays constantley lit... and the alarm will not arm.  what does a constitley lit LED mean.  Thanks for any input 

I connected the Brown wire in the H1 harness to the siren and the siren ground to the frame.  

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
Do the power locks and such still work?
Typically a constant lit LED means you are in valet mode, hence no operation of the alarm, just power locks, remote start, etc...
calihoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2007 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you, you were correct.  I must have done this through the remote when playing with it.   Now that i've mastered the install manual i guess i should read the owners manual.  
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

You should run your siren ground inside the vehicle too, along with the (+).  You should'nt ground your siren on the fender.

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
What is wrong with grounding the siren to the fender? Or a hood pin for that matter.
creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah i see no issues grounding it to the fender... in the world of grounds the shorter the ground wire the better...
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2007 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
awdeclipse wrote:
What is wrong with grounding the siren to the fender? Or a hood pin for that matter.
After a few years the ground point will be rusty. In my opinion, it is also easier to hide the siren wires if you are running them both into the car. If you are screwing the ground wire into the fender, then it is probably going to be easy for a thief to reach down and rip out the ground, or even cut it. I suppose if you live down south where you don't have to worry about rust and you don't take the time to hide the siren and wires then grounding under the hood would be acceptable.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic