icon

streetglow, 04 cavalier?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
huber 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
My buddy asked me to help him install some streetglow underbody kit on his 04 cavalier......Anybody have a DIY on this???
bluburd 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

They are not that hard to install. I have a set on my Firebird and only ran into a problem because the wire wasn't long enough to reach the back of the car. I will eventually get them completely installed again after I extend the wires out.

However, a Cavalier is pretty small so you shouldn't have much trouble. You can do a google search for LED underbody installation. I found some pretty good sites before I got my set.

huber 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks man
hotmilk400 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

is the kit Neon Tubes or LED's , or dont u have it yet? 

depending on how u need to mount it, u may have to drill into your underbody of the car to install the lights.  (or better to drill on the body itself, where it hangs down, some cars have a lip that comes back up alittle, thats a good spot to drill. )  if u dotn have brackets, i used conduit straps (found in the electrical asile in most hardwhere stores)  also, u may want to invest in a self tap drill set.  when u drill into the body, it will tap the whole so it has threads.  this will save you alot of time (instead of tapping them out yourself)  a hand tap will cost you about $14 .  a drill tap will cost about $30 or more.   if u dont tap out the holes, it wont be easy to install.  you would have to put lock bolts on each screaw... u wont have any room to tighten them.  its almost impossible, just go for the self tap set.  (self tap screaws should  work fine if u get a good set)  

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Do not mount the lights where they have a possibility of interfering with the jacking points of the vehicle. This includes the pinchrail, (I'm assuming this was the previous poster's suggestion)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic