2007 ford e 250, domelight

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Installing a CA-425 into a 2007 Ford E-250 w/ Factory Keyless entry.  I have everyting up and running, my questions are the following.

I wired the negative door trigger to the drivers door for programming sake, but have yet to wire the rest of the door triggers yet.  Wiring schematic says each pin has its own wire and I confirmed this as opening the passenger door does not set off the alarm.  Now what I wanted to do to catch the rest of the doors was use the domelight as a positive trigger.  Only problem is factory system delays 20s to shut off the domelight, making the Alarm/RS wait to fully arm that zone until the light goes off.  Not the end of the world, but definitely not preferred.  

Now when I use the stock keyless entry FOB to lock the doors, it shuts down the domelight immediately, however when I use the alarm, and lock and arm, the domelight stays on as if I just shut the door and walked away.  Any idea what causes the domelight to shut down immediately with the factory FOB?  Is there another wire I can pulse upon locking to shut down the domelight?

Domelight supervision is wired to the headlight switch, it was easier to get to then the relay.  Both switch the relay directly.  Driver's door is the only door trigger hooked up currently.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Gus

swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2007 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
you will have to use all the door pins and diode isolate them form the bcm and each other. to use domeligt super vision hook output up to bcm side fo diode on drivers door pin
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
awdeclipse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Domelight supervision works flawlessly off of the headlight switch. I haven't encountered any issues yet. As I mentioned, the wiring schematic says to go off of the domelight relay, but since I couldn't find it, I went ahead with the headlight switch which also controls the relay. Much easier option, and I couldn't think of any reasons why this would not be appropriate. (please inform me if i missed something)
I was able to find the rear door trigger in the driver-side harness when I was probing for domelight, but in order to catch the passenger side and side doors, I'm assuming I would of had to grabbed these from passenger side only. I was short on time (and wire) again and went with domelight for positive trigger. I will go and redo this with all 4 door triggers diode isolated so that this 20s delay between pre-arm and arm can be eliminated.
Any preference on which diodes to use? I have some odds and ends left over from a senior design project I was going to use.
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
any diodes will do i use in4001's
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
awdeclipse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
So I'm going to wire the remaining door triggers, I have two of the four located and I'm sure the two passenger side will be a breeze.
My question regarding the operation of the CA-425 is the following. Programmed for passive lock and active arm, when you unlock the vehicle, fail to enter it, and wait approximately 2 minutes the vehicle arms as expected. Now, even though passive locking is selected, I want to know if the alarm is supposed to lock the doors because the vehicle was never entered. (Scenario, you unlock, get sidetracked, don't rearm and lock then walk away) However since you never entered, the chance of locking keys in the vehicle for instance is greatly reduced.
Now I ask this because using the positive door trigger off the domelight, domelight supervision would trigger this upon unlocking and then the alarm would sense a door was opened and closed. Therefore not locking on the active rearm.
Anybody know? I guess I'll find out when I rewire all doors to negative door trigger, but I'm kind of curious in the meantime.
Thanks for the help.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
If you use the individual door trigger wires all your problems will be solved. The alarm at that point should rearm correctly and lock the doors if you do not open a door (assuming your alarm has that option). You can continue to use the wire you are currently using for domelight supervision. The alarm will not think a door has been opened if you disarm the alarm, but never actually open a door.
The most common diode used by car audio shops:
Diode

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic