Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Rite now witch i am sure is correct on my 528t is
Black Ground
Red 12 constant
brown 12vConstant
yellow TV ign input
orange 12 ign switch
BLACK/ white ign switch but i need one that disconnects completely or grounded when off.
My 2006 dodge magnum does not it seems.
I have my 528T wired correctly. I know because I was able to test it on my power supply and it turns over like it is supposed to when. BLACK/ white loses power. I take it to my car and set it up on my ext tv and it works but when I turn the ign off it does not switch over. I have it on a ign powered wire I got from the cig lighter. Now if i pull it off the wire it kicks over. It seams like there need to be 0 votls or less for it to kick over or ground when off. I dont under stand the same wire will cut of my tv but it wont kick over the relay unless i remove it like there is still volts in the line.
So my question is where can i find a wire that disconnects completely when the ign is off. so i cna use this as my BLACK/ white trigger besides the ign wire Im using now.
My 528t is set up to keep power to my tv for the few seconds that the car is running to on but not running when it normally loses power. It resets my tv and I have to start the whole process again to get back to the channel i was watching.
I decided to use a additional relay to get a neg volts to the BLACK/ white wire jsut to turn it over when the car is off. I cant seem to figure this out either. Please help me, at least with the regular relay. How do I need to set it up. All I can do is make it work when I turn it on, but never when the car turns off.
My second relay is wire like this now
30 ground
87 BLACK/ white of 528T
86 ign wire
85 ground
87a ground
What am I doing wrong PLEASE HELP.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Is it really a big deal to turn the channel back on?  As a passenger, you should have plenty of free time to play with those things!
Kevin Pierson
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
528t and normal relay - Last Post -- posted image.
John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic