icon

passive lock with valet 712t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
So... whats the date/code on the back of the unit?  And the model/product name/number stamped in the front?  That should solve it.
raylo 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Well, next time I take the dash apart I'll check the stampings.  Not on my near term to-do list.  But it is a current model Valet 712T, purchased online 2 weeks ago from A1 Auto Electric.

Until proven otherwise I believe that we have some bogus verbage in the installation manual that looks like it was cut-and-pasted together from a generic DEI alarm manual template. I also believe that this particular model has no passive lock capablities as evidenced by the lack of such a feature in the programmable feature table which may be the only part of the manual that is specific to and accurate for the 712T.  I HAVE tested programming of the features listed there and they do work and in fact track with what the unit does.  Too bad passive locking isn't one of them.  :-(

I sent DEI an e-mail query.  I wonder if they'll answer being that I am not an "authorized dealer".  :-/

sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
I just looked at an installation manual online (copywrited 2005) and it uses the same wording as to what was already posted. I would have to say that passive arming is not an option.
riick 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

sarcomax wrote:
I just looked at an installation manual online (copywrited 2005) and it uses the same wording as to what was already posted. I would have to say that passive arming is not an option.

Amen!  this box does NOT have passive locking.

I'm told DEI had to spend too many $$ repaying owners locked out of cars.

Suppose you were an Idiot, and suppose you were a Congressman.... But I repeat myself -- Mark Twain
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic