the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

00 pontiac grand prix door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Are ya ready? I have never worked on this type of car (I know, it's just a GM) Compustar CM1000, plain old alarm. I set the door pins like so.

DOORPIN RED / WHITE (+/-) (CN3) SEE NOTES    
Driver's door is TAN and passenger door is DK.BLUE. Both wires are negative (-) and can be found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. For a complete description with pin locations, see the BCM diagram in the graphics section.

Testing all with my meter. all triggered when opening the described doors. I tested the drivers door, then the rest. I hooked only the drivers door. Upon arming I get an instant alarm trigger. SO.... I wait till the dome lights go off before arming....same result.

So, for laughs I went to the under dash light negative trigger. It works with ALL the doors, testing with my meter. Make the connection, arm/lock, open the dorr.....NOTHING. No trigger for the alarm.

Locks function, trunk pop works, light flash as they should.    Yet I have the problem as described abouve.

Can ANYONE shed some light on this?     AND of course, thank you in advance.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Have you installed the alarm, if so turn on and ground the alarm's door contact. Does this trigger the alarm? If not YOU know the answer if it does WE have a problem. Maybe a relay required  to boost  signal from door contacts?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Another thought, its illogical but I've had this on E46 BMW, connecting WHITE/ brown trunk light to alarm it will sometimes trigger immediately, cure; put diodes on both trunk light feeds. If you went to both of the door contacts did you diode block as well as diode join?
dmasjz45 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
just installed a 2wss in a 99 gp.......you need diodes in line with door and trunk triggers, then pull from the door/trunk side of the diodes...but with 4600 posts i'm assuming you should have already done this?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I did use diodes when I decided to try using BOTH door triggers. You see, it triggers the alarm when arming , even when I only have the tan (drivers door pin) connected. This is the part that I am whacked out on. And again, using the light under the dash gave me NO trigger at all...... neither the trunk nor the hood are connected yet.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Have you installed the alarm, if so turn on and ground the alarm's door contact. Does this trigger the alarm? If not YOU know the answer if it does WE have a problem. Maybe a relay required  to boost  signal from door contacts?

This is an idea I might need to try. If this is the case.... I'm not that happy with the compustar unit. The negative trigger at the BCM should be more than enough to do the job..... it always has been in the past?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
all i can say is in this case pull out a power probe and arm the system without the door trigger being connected.  Pulse that wire after arming with negavite and see if it tiggers.  Also just like howie mentioned you can use a relay to give it a stronger pulse. By they way, are you triggering the factory alarm too?? it may do something to the triggers if you do that?
KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  

I am not triggering the tan (drivers) door pin when arming the compustar. This is one way to trigger the factory security, wich has NOT seemed to be a problem. The customer has only 1 key, and no factory transmitters. So as far as changing any of the programming on the factory security, we're stuck with how it's set up now... This car belongs to a guy that, well, we have a language barrier. He is more than likely NOT aware of the fact his car has a salvage title. In the state of Washington they tag the door jamb with a sticker. This car has been wiped, and put back together.

I won't see the car till NEXT Sat. so I'm on an information gathering mission.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2007 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

I think Salvage might be a red herring except:- did you check door contacts before starting? Yes I know, we've all been there!

Tan for 1 door contact, blue something for other side, what illogical idiot specified the colours? Must have worked for Peugeot!

KarTuneMan 
Posted: August 19, 2007 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

I think Salvage might be a red herring except:- did you check door contacts before starting? Yes I know, we've all been there!

Tan for 1 door contact, blue something for other side, what illogical idiot specified the colours? Must have worked for Peugeot!

Not knowing much about the Peugeot auto's this statement still gives me a chuckle. I my self, laugh at GM, never been a Chevy guy. But then again , most of the U.S. auto makers have allways looked for an "easier way" rather than the "best way"  IMHO.  I'm sure there are plenty out there that would argue this.

ALSO, the term "red herring"  I'm thinking this must be the same as a "red flag" I did give this some thought, but all of the doors and the 37 lights that are turned on when opening work fine!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic