second amp remains inactive

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xerion 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
I have now finished installing my Pioneer DEH-P7750MP Head unit and am trying to install my second amp to run my 12 inch sub but im having no luck..
On the back of the DEH-P7750MP i have enough RCA jacks to run the cables to both amps, i have a 8gauge wire running straight from the battery to a double splitter with one end going to the amp allready installed running the speakers, and the other going to the second amp im trying to install.
Now the problem lies with the "System Control" wire, which i think is also known as the "Remote" cable?
Do i have to split that exactly the same as how the power supply cable is or?
The second amp will not turn on until this is resolved. I have tried running the second amps remote cable straight onto the jack of the first amp but then neither works.
Some good detailed help would be greatly appreciated.
If there is allready a thread that will tell me how to do this and be able to utilize my "Fader" option on my headunit then please don't be afraid to just link me to it as i may have missed it. Other than that any heads up on what i may be doing wrong would be fine.
Scotty
jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
how big are your amps(how many amps do the fuses the amplifiers total)? I don't think 8 gauge is large enough to supply 2 amps.
Anyway, the "Remote" wire is usually blue w/white stripe on an aftermarket deck. It will show pos(+) when the deck is on. It can be split and hooked up to each amp.
Just make sure that they each have their own ground and power and the rest should work fine.
xerion 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
the amp that is allready installed i am unsure of but it is fairly small from what i can tell.
the amp im trying to install is a 300w pioneer.
jc18750 wrote:
(how many amps do the fuses the amplifiers total)
Im not sure what you mean by this.
From the power supple 8gauge wire there is a distribution block with two fuses, one goes to the amp allready installed and straight onto the jack of the amp. The second fuse connection goes to the second amp but passes through another fuse.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Look at the size of the fuses in the amplifier is what he is asking. If you have a combined total of 100 amps or so, 8 gauge wire is not going to be enough to properly power this system. Chances are that you will be fine with what you have though. The remote on wire can be daisy chained to usually up to 3 amplifiers. So connect a new wire from the remote on from one amp to the remote on to the operating amplifier.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
xerion 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
ok the one allready installed is a 15 fuse in the amp and the one im installing has a 25.
So if i run a wire from the remote jack on the amp im installing to the remote jack on the amp thats allready in there should that work? or do i have to slice it into the wire before it actually reaches the amp thats allready installed?
thanks again
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2007 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  

Keep the same remote wire in the first amp, just run a separate wire from the remote turn-on terminal on the first amp to the remote turn-on terminal on the second amp. 8g power/ground wire is plenty for a total max amperage draw of 40amps (both fuses added together), 8g can handle up to 75amps.

What size is the power wire from the distribution block to each of the amps? What sizes are your amp ground wires? What are your amps grounded to, and are they secure?

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic