icon

’05 tahoe stock stereo w/aftermarket amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
67impala427 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2007 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

I checked the low pass xover so did the guy who sold me the hi/lo converter.  All seems ok.  I should have made them replace the hi/lo converter because that's the only new thing in the mix but they didn't seem to want to admit that it was the problem and I was sick of dealing with them by then.  It's a simple straight forward installation.  It should work.  As for the rear speakers, they are still working.  I just tapped into the wires.  When I look at the meter on my amp  there's barely any movement.  I'll probably trash the converter.

67impala427 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I'm back.  I installed the electronic xover.  The output is a little better but only a little.  I replaced the old hi/lo converter with a new one.  Everything works but the output is really low as if there's not enough signal getting to the amp.  I'm still using the same amp and subs I used on the other vehicle.  The only difference is I had to hook it up using the hi/lo and xover (using stock radio) instead of rca's from aftermarket head unit.  Please help.

Alex. 

aarant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having same problem, could use the help of the thread.  I have the bose system however, I tapped into my back pillar speaker,  I think the problem is that it dosen't have that many lows in the pillar speakers,  Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the system, Could tap right into the factory bose sub wires and get all lows?
mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
What vehicle do you have. You do have to tap into factory sub wires to get the best sound.
aarant 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
I figured it out today.  on 03 k2500 silverado,  on back of amp, on the smaller harness there are two sets of twisted pairs that don't match door speaker color codes, there were the ones i was looking for, MUCH better now!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic