icon

audiobahn ported box?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lofidelity 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
I have 4 aw1206T's in my 95 cougar sealed into my tire well as of now....i went to a comp and hit a 136.6....with windows up.....but im looking to go with a ported system....ive been reading around on diff sites and came across one that said you should double the size of the box recommend by the manufacturer...they said that these companys sell more speakers for having less box volume which makes sense.....is this tru?.....the specs for my subs reccomend 3.5 cft....but i wanna try a 7cft box for each 12......LxWxH.....36.84x20x20.....that gives me 7cft.....i need to know what size for the slot port i need.....ex..how long,wide, and away from rear of box....im open to ideas so if someone could help me of my pickle of a situation that would be most appreciated.....tks......
Lofidelityallstar!!!
dsmcustomz 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Is it just me or does that seem like a crazy amount of airspace.....  I dont know how good that will sound if you double the airspace needed to each one of the subs...
If you cant here it a block away then I didnt do it....
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
You don't have to double the size of your enclosure to port it, it will be bigger, but not double.... why not ditch the 4 audiobahns and run 2 of something with a good rep, and have the correct air space???? Now it's not about what sub can out hit what sub and all that mess... it starts with the enclosure, but please for the love of humanity, find a better brand...
...don't crush the weasel...
lofidelity 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

im not getting rid of my audiobahn!!.....i had these subs for 4 years now and havent had a bit of a problem with them....if you dont like them i dont care thats ur opinion and i dont want to hear it!!....all im asking is help on my port design for the box i want to build....can u guys not read!....i wanna try a 7cft box for each 12......LxWxH.....36.84x20x20!!!....i jus need help on the port design not ur own preference or opinions!!! and it is all about the enclosure....thats y i got 3rd place in competition running against everyone having ported boxes....i have a damn good box now as it is....but if i had ported i would have blew everyone away no doubt about it with audiobahn!!!

heres the rundown!!.....2 4000 watt boss powerdrive series amps......12 farad audiobahn capicitor....2 batteries....4 1206T's 1100rms running on 0 gauge wire..... sony mex-5di player......tks!!

Lofidelityallstar!!!
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

Check out there web sight tells you all you need to know

http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/2004subwoofer_manuals.html

tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
lofidelity wrote:

....can u guys not read!....

....no i'm from mississippi.... i don't have shoes either.... hahahaha

tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
okay, so all smartass comments and opinions aside, do you plan on walling this car off or what?
lofidelity 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
I want to put a wall in but still be able to keep my backseat..for a ported system the recommend 3.5 cft per 12...but the 7cft box for each 12 is goin into my buddies van for comp....for comp i want a box no one has seen but jus will blow n e one away!!!....i jus need some help with the ports....tks....but yea im a smartass....if i wanted dif speakers i woulda asked lol.....
Lofidelityallstar!!!
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
those 12's will blow of moderate power in a 7 cu ft enclosure.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Actual power.   Tuning (resonant) frequency of the vehicle. are 2 major factors wen designing something for strictly SPL use.
So first things that should be answered?
What vehicle is this going into now? You mentioned a van?
How much space is there availible?
How much power is each amp really providing? A clamp meter and volt meter would get you this info.
What type of shows are you planning to run?   DB drag where ists measured on the dash or USACi where it is outlaw SPL.   meter on the floor?
Answer some of these questions and I could try to point you int he right direction.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic