remote start, 03 grand caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
witxp wrote:

I found a picture here, but it doesn't look like my van. I was looking all around today and didn't notice a black box like you mentioned. Could it be because the junction block thing is blocking it? Do I have to remove anything other then the 2 front trim pieces?

If that beige box isn't the BCM, then what could it be?

Yea, I knew this is going to be a pain when I first found out it could be this difficult to change 3 the spark plugs in the back row of the van.

remote start, 03 grand caravan - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

That picture is for an older Caravan.
you know there's a second, negative start wire that needs 180ohm resister during crank right?.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
witxp 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

extreme1 wrote:
That picture is for an older Caravan.
you know there's a second, negative start wire that needs 180ohm resister during crank right?.

Yes I do. Thanks.  My only concern is finding the BCM right now before I start tackling it.  I haven't tried looking today, but didn't notice there was one in that area yesterday.  Does anyone have a picture of it? Is it in that same area?

vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
bcm is in the same location, but it looks different.  There are 5 square plugs going vertical on it. each with about 20-30 wires in it.  You will need to tap into wires in 3 of them i believe.  haven't done one in a while though.
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

vitrox wrote:
bcm is in the same location, but it looks different.  There are 5 square plugs going vertical on it. each with about 20-30 wires in it.  You will need to tap into wires in 3 of them i believe.  haven't done one in a while though.

Thanks

I plan to tackle the project this weekend.  Will post back once it's finished.

Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
BCM is mounted against the firewall with the plugs facing right at you.  VERY easy to get to and work with.  There are locks on the plug, but they open easily.
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Mark Mizenko wrote:
BCM is mounted against the firewall with the plugs facing right at you.  VERY easy to get to and work with.  There are locks on the plug, but they open easily.
Do you see it in this picture?
remote start, 03 grand caravan - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Aw....much better picture than the first one you posted. Alot of you wires will be right there. Break out the dmm and test away. Almost looks like there is some aftermarket wiring in there already.
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:
Aw....much better picture than the first one you posted. Alot of you wires will be right there. Break out the dmm and test away. Almost looks like there is some aftermarket wiring in there already.
So the bcm, is it shown with the plugs on the right side of the picture? Yes there are some aftermarket wiring. We had the K-9 classic installed already back in 03.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic