icon

loud thump when system cuts on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
okay... a couple weeks ago my eclipse cd8443 stopped playing cd's, so I sent it to the wonderful people at united radio and they fixed it. While it was out I put a 9800 bluetooth pioneer unit in. Well while the pioneer unit was in, I had no loud thump when the amp (kenwood 401m) cut on, (the eclipse unit did before it broke) and now that the eclipse unit is back in, I have the loud thump back... Anything I can do to get rid of this??? I don't think the judges would like that too much....  Any advice would be great! Thanks
...don't crush the weasel...
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

There are several companies out there that make a turn on delay circuit.     pac-audio.com      is one of them.  But to make sure this will fix your problem, remove the remote wire from your amp.  Turn the radio on, after it is on for at least a couple of seconds, then touch the remote wire to the terminal of your amp.  If the amp quietly comes on, this device will help you.

proatthagame 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

One way to eliminate noise is proper grounding and connections. I would recomend to not use the factory harness to hook up ground and power on HU. I had that same noise but it was when i would turn off my HU. The factory ground is more then likely connected to many other factory accessory grounds. When installing aftermarket products i would always recomend ground to the battery or isolating the ground from all other factory grounds.

might help.

Yours Truly

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic