icon

factory overhead with avic d3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nah_zee 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
going to be putting an Avic-d3 into a 2004 Yukon with factory panasonic overhead with the IR head phones. I understand (and have the wiring diagram for it) how to get the A/V to avic, but I was curious if the power to the overhead is coming from the radio itself. Will I need a special harness to make the head phones work or are they part of the overhead. The overhead has it's own dvd player mounted next to it. I have found that peripherial makes two harnesses for an 07 Yukon to integrate the avic and retain the factory overhead.... any help would be great, thanks
edgarmeza 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

I am also about to do an install of an Avic N-2 to a 2005 Yukon XL with an overhead OEM DVD system and would like to retain functionality of the overhead unit and route audio and possibly video to the Avic.

If I find any info i will let you know.

nah_zee 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
routing the a/v to the overhead unit is easy, I'll have to look at the wiring diagram to get the colors, but basically you can take a normal a/v cable and cut one end off so you have the pos. and neg. wires showing, then just tap into the correct pos. neg. wires coming from the dvd unit for the video and audio left and right. But I'm stuck on head phones, I don't know the IR and power are through the deck or not.... when find out more i'll post more!
edgarmeza 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Cool, can u post the wiring diagram for the overhead?

If I find any more info I will let you know.

edgarmeza 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

I just did it on my 05 Yukon XL w Bose system

I used a GMOS-04 interface to retain the onstar and to turn on the bose amp and dvd system.  The headphones and player  work as normal.

Now to get the  Video and Audio out to the headunit required finding the correct leads off the dvd player and running rca's from the headliner to the headunit/brain.  The leads for my unit were

dark blue for video

and

brown and black for my audio along with a common ground going to a shielded wire that is pretty easy to spot.

(sorry I did not write down the pin locations on the back of the player).

I hope that helps someone.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic