icon

2000 deville pk3 locked out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
so I have a 00 deville in the shop and I managed to lockout the PK3 system it reads service anti theft on the dash and will not start. I have tried letting it sit with key on, letting it sit with key off, the 3 10 minute cycles I just cant get this thing to start. If anyone has any ideas I would sure like to be able to drive it to the customer opposed to having it towed to the dealer!
rtperformance 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
You need to try removing the neg. terminal to yhe batt and let it sit for up to hafe an hour then replace neg. terminal and try to start. this has worked for all kinds of codes for me in the past.
cneubert42 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
tried that! I have tried everything, this car just flashes service anti theft on the display. we tried clearing the codes with a code reader and it didn't even show any codes for the antitheft system. basically this car wont start with either key or the remote start. I know the remote starter was working because I had it programmed and it started fine at least 5 times.
rtperformance 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

Ok how is the PK3 Bypassed? did you try a new bypass mod? next would be to take it back to factory and see if still dosent work. other wise you have lost all the keys from the memory and need a dealer to relearn two keys.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

I would definately say, start by pulling the bypass completely out of there, and then see what happens.

vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
just turn key to on position and let it sit until the security light goes out.. if it keeps flashing just let it sit with the key on.. might take more than 10 minutes on some vehicles.
cneubert42 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
here is the update on the caddy: so some how I tried every option I could think of and nothing then I am sitting in the car and just doing key on,off switch keys and same thing about 3 times and the security light just went off and it started. no idea how this happened or what I did. next issue remote start module is programmed and the car starts as should but info center reads service anti theft. heres where it gets interesting, start with the key and security light stays on, and i still get service anti theft message. so I think maybe this car is seeing 2 keys so I hook up keysense to the module and now I have no more security light staying on no matter how I start it but it is still saying service anti theft. and just to take it one step further we tried to reset this code with an actual gm scan tool and it keeps coming back. the code is listed as like no key found or something like that. so everything works now I just need to figure out what the deal is with that.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I remember doing a Caddy a couple years ago. It was either a Deville or a Seville from about 2000. I kept getting the 'service anti-theft light' as well. I tried using a 457G and a GMDL-BP. The 457G had the problem almost all the time. The GMDL-BP only had the problem occassionally. I would recommend getting rid of the data bypass module and use a universal bypass module like a 556U. Hook up the keysense input as well. If the customer only has two keys and doesn't want to give one up, I recommend buying blank keys from howardkeys.com and programming a new one to the car. Blank keys cost less than the bypass module you are trying to use. Its easy...same procedure as programming a Ford key.
rtperformance 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
My other thought would be to make sure all of the Ing and ACC wires are powering on like they should. I know in some of the chevy stuff from that year there are 2 Ing and 2 ACC and i can see from DEI that this caddy dose to if you only power one of the ACC wires you will trip the anti theft light.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Where did you get power for your starter? I always grab it at the battery in those caddilacs. I've found interior power drops for a second as the BCM goes to sleep and resets the bypass module.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic