icon

avic d3 in 2006 chevy cobalt ss/sc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cobalt kid 06 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have searched and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.
Im getting the AVIC D3 and here are the questions.
I have a 06 SS/SC with Onstar and the pioneer premium sound system with amp tweeters and sub, and I want to keep it intact because i use the phone through my verizon service and i like the stock wound setup. Has anyone confirmed that the GMOS-LAN-04 harness works on the 06 cobalt with this set up to keep the factory onstar and pioneer speakers and sub intact.
If it works is there any special wiring needed.
Also what wire am i splicing into on the car to get the VSS signal for the navigation?

Also what am i splicing for the reverse wire and the e-brake wire?

Are there any other wires then those 3 that are different from a normal non nav radio? If so what are they and what do i connect them to.
Lastly has anyone used the pac harness to keep the steering wheel controls intact and does it work.
Answers asap would be great, thanks
wysiwyg 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have not yet used the OS-4 piece.  The PAC SWI pieces work great.  Some people have trouble programming them.  If you read the instructions completely BEFORE you attempt the programming, you should be fine.  The below link refers to a grey wire in position 61 of connector C2  this would be your vss wire.

http://www.rostra.com/pdf/Form4909C.pdf

******This info is for the 05 Cobalt ******  It may or may not be the same for 06

Reverse Light lt. green   +   driver kick, harness to rear   

Parking Brake lt. blue   -   switch or BCM, C1, pin 14

Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay box on the front passenger side of the center console. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray plug, C2-72 pin gray plug, C3-41 pin red plug, and C4-68 pin lt. gray plug.

cobalt kid 06 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  

ok so i can use t connectors on that bcm to get my vss signal and parking brake signal, and i should be fine.

thanks

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think wysiwyg said to use the T-Taps.  I think he was just telling you where the wire is located.  
cobalt kid 06 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
how else am i going to splice to it, t taps are the easiest way with out cutting wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic