icon

03 trailblazer door lock problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adrian012 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me, I have a 2003 Chevy trailblazer LS i got a new alarm installed today and everything works great, but i have a problem with my lift gate not locking when using the remote to lock it. I am able to unlock the gate with the remote, but not lock it. I can however lock and unlock using the button on the driver side door. We used bypass DEI-457g to do the door locks, its the same bypass that i had on before with just a normal keyless entry system. I ordered a Bypass # DEI-455g and it's being shipped to me right now. Anyone know if that will solve the problem? Because the DEI-457g is a GM bypass so i figure its a type of universal bypass for GM cars, the DEI-455g is a bypass specifically for a Trailblazer and Envoy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ive heard of that problem with the 457g and the trailblazers. I could be wrong but I dont think that the 455 will solve your problem. I do know that the 1700g will fix your problem and I am sure that there are some other solutions out there. The 1700g just is what I have always used and it works great.
ushank 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Try using the PGNDLBP by peripheral. I had the same problem and tried everything and this was the only one to work with the first ry and have not had any problems since installed.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
That's a known design flaw of the 457G, among several other shortcomings.
The 555G will not only lock the tailgate correctly, but also, the domelight will come on when you unlock.
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
use an xpresskits xk01 with amdl firmware. will control all locks/ security and will do passlock bypass
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
adrian012 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys i guess i will try the 455g anyways first seeing as how i already ordered it and is on it's way, if that don't work I'll get the DEI-1700g and give that a shot. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic